Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Play store's error 941

It's getting really annoying and also I'm wondering how this error got through the testing... In my circle lots of people have android devices and all these show error 941.
    Scenario: trying to install any app stops with error 941. The second attempt succeeds. For the next app the error shows up again.
    The known techniques (clearing Play store's cache/data, rebooting) does not help, the error comes back after a few app installs...
    Is there any known solution or just have to wait for an update?
    (Android 4.4.2, Galaxy S4 i9505 here)

Default Re: Play store's error 941

Welcome to Android Central! Have you also tried clearing the Download Manager's cache and data?

Quote Originally Posted by icefront View Post
    It's getting really annoying and also I'm wondering how this error got through the testing... In my circle lots of people have android devices and all these show error 941.
    Scenario: trying to install any app stops with error 941. The second attempt succeeds. For the next app the error shows up again.
    The known techniques (clearing Play store's cache/data, rebooting) does not help, the error comes back after a few app installs...
    Is there any known solution or just have to wait for an update?
    (Android 4.4.2, Galaxy S4 i9505 here)
    Same for me here in Sweden! And my wife (i9195)!

I got the same error twice yesterday. It sometimes was a different error but as the op said on the second attempt it always worked.
    I'll try to clear the download manager cache and data as Diddy said.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you also tried clearing the Download Manager's cache and data?
    Yes tried this also, but the error is still there.
    Anyway I think it's a bug, otherwise why would an app crash by reading back it's own data from the cache? Or properly written try catch code branch may recover easily from reading improper data from the cache...

Global Posts
    221 Global Posts

Steps to Solve/Fix Error Code 941 appearing in Play Store while Updating Apps:

Take your Android device in which the Error is appearing and Open Settings
    Click on Apps or Manage Applications and then Open “All” tab
    3. Scroll Down to “Download Manager” and open it then click on “Force Stop”, “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data”
    Go back to the Apps List

5.Now scroll through all the Apps and Click on “Play Store”
    You will find many options from which you have to click on “Force Stop”, “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data”
    After you have closed the setting try Updating now your problem must be solved.
    If you are still getting the same Error try this as a last resort
    Go to the Apps list Search and Open Play Store App and this time click on “Uninstall Play Updates”
    Try installing the Updates again from the same location and your error will have disappeared.
    Now you can update all your apps without any errors and if you do get the same error anytime in the future follow the same steps to solve it.
    LG-isai