What Do You Use Web Browsers For?

anon(8730639)

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
It's obvious that people use web browsers to browse the internet. However, I've found that I use my web browser less and less as time goes on. I read articles in Pocket, get news in Press, use Tapatalk for forums, and dedicated apps for certain mobile sites like Wikipedia and IMDB. The only reason why I even open my web browser anymore is if I open a link in a Google search. So what do you use your web browser for? Does your web browser matter to you? What browser do you use?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It can still be helpful for me. I like checking daily deal sites like 1sale.com, DailySteals.com, and woot.com. Some of these sites have apps, but I don't want to clutter my devices up with too many apps that I don't consider essential, so I still access those sites on the web. I also find the NYTimes mobile site pretty good, so I don't feel that the app is necessary (although I also read it on Google Play Newsstand).

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Generally if I don't have routine need of an app, I'll use its web counterpart if it's functional. For example, I just use my browser to book flights and hotels, or check merchant sites. I often prefer that to having apps eating up storage, memory, and visual space that I only use meaningfully once every couple months or more.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't. I use my desktop for most web activity and my laptop if I'm away from home. I'm not that needy of the web that I can't miss a few hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2