Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ptkelly
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

Default What Do You Use Web Browsers For?

It's obvious that people use web browsers to browse the internet. However, I've found that I use my web browser less and less as time goes on. I read articles in Pocket, get news in Press, use Tapatalk for forums, and dedicated apps for certain mobile sites like Wikipedia and IMDB. The only reason why I even open my web browser anymore is if I open a link in a Google search. So what do you use your web browser for? Does your web browser matter to you? What browser do you use?

Default Re: What Do You Use Web Browsers For?

It can still be helpful for me. I like checking daily deal sites like 1sale.com, DailySteals.com, and woot.com. Some of these sites have apps, but I don't want to clutter my devices up with too many apps that I don't consider essential, so I still access those sites on the web. I also find the NYTimes mobile site pretty good, so I don't feel that the app is necessary (although I also read it on Google Play Newsstand).

Generally if I don't have routine need of an app, I'll use its web counterpart if it's functional. For example, I just use my browser to book flights and hotels, or check merchant sites. I often prefer that to having apps eating up storage, memory, and visual space that I only use meaningfully once every couple months or more.

I don't. I use my desktop for most web activity and my laptop if I'm away from home. I'm not that needy of the web that I can't miss a few hours.
    ram1220 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

Anyone else?

I use it for everything except for facebook, twitter and mail (I use the apps in this cases). With the mobile versions of sites, sometimes is easier to check them in the phone than in the computer