Can I transfer desktop app folders to another device?

pofadda

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a very workable set of folders on my phone desktop and want to replicate them on my tablet. I assume that there is (a set of) files or database entries somewhere on the phone. Can trade be sent by some means to my tablet? I know I could just recreate them manually, but..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about any system file you can copy, but one option would be to use a 3rd party launcher like Nova Launcher, which has the option to backup your homescreen setup. But I'm not sure it would allow you to import the setup from a phone to a tablet, since the dimensions are different.

pofadda

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Yup, Nova does this. Although I have used it for a while I never thought to look there <blush>! It doesn't backup the dock, and, unlike desktops that have seen wholesale obliteration of their apps, it doesn't put little green android place-holders in the vacant spaces where my tablet has no apps to support the imported desktop.

A complete launcher desktop experience (with place-holders for widgets and non-existent apps) would be nice, though. I just don't think that many users really want one though...