Google Launcher...

Jonathan Lin1

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I've used nexus 4 and I really like the stock android experience... I'm thinking of upgrading to like xperia z2/z3 possibly.. Doesn't using the Google launcher pretty much give me the same feel as stock experience..? It makes it google play edition i guess? What would be the significant differences between a nexus phone vs like galaxy s5 or xperia z3 running google launcher..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Google Now Launcher will give you the same homescreen experience, but non-Nexus devices will still have all of the additional features/bloatware that came preinstalled. One of the big advantages of Nexus devices has always been the almost complete lack of bloat.

GPE devices are essentially non-Nexus hardware with a Nexus experience. Currently, the only ones available are the Moto G and the HTC One M8.

Jonathan Lin1

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
The Google Now Launcher will give you the same homescreen experience, but non-Nexus devices will still have all of the additional features/bloatware that came preinstalled. One of the big advantages of Nexus devices has always been the almost complete lack of bloat.

GPE devices are essentially non-Nexus hardware with a Nexus experience. Currently, the only ones available are the Moto G and the HTC One M8.

I see. Hmmm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech