Nexus 7 stock 4.4.4, how to disable OTA?

DeCharleFr

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, I have nexus 7 with stock ROM installed, it rooted, cleared from Google apps and has some system modifications (dalvik and bionic patches, etc). Android l ota coming soon, but I don't wanna update, how I can prevent / disable ota?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, I have nexus 7 with stock ROM installed, it rooted, cleared from Google apps and has some system modifications (dalvik and bionic patches, etc). Android l ota coming soon, but I don't wanna update, how I can prevent / disable ota?
The system modifications alone may be enough to prevent the update from installing. You might still receive the notification to update, and it likely won't go away, but won't be able to update since the device is rooted and modified.

I'd suggest waiting to see how the update rolls out and if your device picks up the notification. If it does, dismiss the notification and stick to your current setup.

Fofer

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
And it won't keep nagging? I'm in the same boat as the OP with a rooted 2013 Nexus 7 and I don't want any OTA update (or notification about OTA update) causing me any hassle. I'm more interested in my root and selected tweaks via Xposed framework than I am in Lollipop for now.

There's no reliable way to just turn it off (freeze a relevant app, rename a relevant file, disable an autorunning script, etc.?) We just need to wait and let it download and potentially/hopefully fail on installation?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87