Google Play is giving me an error message that says "Check your connection and try again" why?

SillySandoon

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Google Play is giving me an error message that says "Check your connection and try again" why?

I have a Galaxy s4, I rooted it the other day when it was on android version 4.4.2 yesterday a software update came up, today I made the mistake of installing it. I expected it to be version 4.4.3, but it still says 4.4.2 in settings. It seems as though it unrooted my phone, but now other problems have been occurring. It's been restarting without warning, and Google play refuses to connect to the Internet on WiFi or data. I've seen people saying to check the date and time, and they are both correct, I also tried manually setting them. Still nothing. Does anyone know what happened and/or how to fix it, preferably without a factory reset?

p3ntyne

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Google Play is giving me an error message that says "Check your connection and try again" why?

I have a Galaxy s4, I rooted it the other day when it was on android version 4.4.2 yesterday a software update came up, today I made the mistake of installing it. I expected it to be version 4.4.3, but it still says 4.4.2 in settings. It seems as though it unrooted my phone, but now other problems have been occurring. It's been restarting without warning, and Google play refuses to connect to the Internet on WiFi or data. I've seen people saying to check the date and time, and they are both correct, I also tried manually setting them. Still nothing. Does anyone know what happened and/or how to fix it, preferably without a factory reset?
Try going to WiFi setting, holding on your WiFi network and clicking advanced settings. Ensure the proxy is set to none.

It's worked for a few others.

John Ainsworth

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Google Play is giving me an error message that says "Check your connection and try again" why?

This has been an issue for me during two YEARS. I have tried every solution under the sun. You have fixed the issue in seconds. You are a superstar.

TejasMehta

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

Thank you. It worked. I had a proxy set up for adblock plus but it never worked anyway.

Posted via the Android Central App

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

I can't believe how simple that is.... seriously it's been driving me nuts, almost every site I went to nothing worked, they wanted me to root my phone and all I had to do was take off proxy server!!!
Thank you!!

bencleric

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site

• make sure you have ES FILE EXPLORER application.
• open the ES FILE EXPLORER, browse the category of tools and turn the ROOT EXPLORER on.
• from file explorer go to device/sdcard/system/etc/
• look/find the "hosts" file then delete it.

Robert Collins5

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site

• open the ES FILE EXPLORER, browse the category of tools and turn the ROOT EXPLORER on.

👍👍👍

Satish Abhale

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

What if I am using my Mobile network instead of WiFi connection and getting the same issue???

Palani Appan

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site

Dear p3ntyne please tell me how to do this on bluestacks.It would be really helpful to me

Irishdec52

May 19, 2015
Visit site

Thank you for this. It was a good starting point for me. I changed the proxy setting to none, but the "save" button was grayed out. Then I saw a space for a password. When I entered the password for my router, "save" became active. Now the phone is connecting perfectly again.

finnesse14

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

This really works

venkatesh ch

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site

Thanks bro its worked

bencleric

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site

your welcome. the reason why encounter this problem because your phone is rooted. especially when you use the FREEDOM application. it create his own host the change the billing LVL just to bypass the payment. its normal for rooted phone.cheer up. my phone is rooted too :)