What happened to my audio/mic when I make calls?

Fatal_Flaw

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
No audio/mic in cell call, but voip works fine

I have an HTC Droid DNA with Verizon. It's almost 2 years old. I set s-off about a year ago, and have root access, but I didn't flash anything. It's worked fine this whole time. Yesterday morning i made a call without issue. Then, in the afternoon, when I tried to make a call, there was no sound during the call. I made no changes and it suffered no damage in between. If I try to make a call. the call connects, the other person gets the call and answers it, but I can't hear them and they can't hear me. Same with incoming calls. My phone rings, I answer, but neither of us can hear the other one. I've tried the speaker phone, headset, and bluetooth with the same results. I've also tried making a call through google hangouts, and the sound works just fine.

Checked mute/volume settings. Restarting multiple times didn't fix it. I finally decided the only solution was to wipe everything and reflash a stock rom. I flashed hboot, radio, and then the ROM. Still no audio in cell calls. I'm at a complete loss. Is it possible this is a hardware problem? A problem with some account setting on Verizon's end? Any thoughts our suggestions would be appreciated.

VickiGeeDee

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: No audio/mic in cell call, but voip works fine

Exactly the same issues on and off last couple of months. Any suggestions welcome as its very annoying!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888