Some phones impossible to root??

anon9020882

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I have a Cubot gt95 (unpopular phone) running android 4.4.2, and since i haven't been able to find specific rooting intructions for the brand, i have tried every single universal rooting technique i have been able to find online, and all of them have failed. Are some phones just incompatible with the rooting process, or just impossible to root???

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It probably isn't impossible to root, just that a developer hasn't found an exploit to use. The more rare/unpopular the device, the more unlikely a root method will be found.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
What he said, basically "advanced" stuff is driven by the community itself and the more popular the phone is the better chances for a working root are. Strong community support is a huge USP because it really unleashes the full power of an android device.

That being said good luck finding a working root method to you

vannylugo

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I have a Cubot gt95 (unpopular phone) running android 4.4.2, and since i haven't been able to find specific rooting intructions for the brand, i have tried every single universal rooting technique i have been able to find online, and all of them have failed. Are some phones just incompatible with the rooting process, or just impossible to root???
I have an unpopular phone the blu life 8
And i could root it on 4.4.2 with root master its on chinese but here

1. get it on*www.mgyun.com/irootm*by clicking the big blue banner.

2. make sure unknown sources is ticked on your android (security).

3. Copy apk to your phone.

4. install apk and run app.

5. Let box ticked and click the chinese button.

6. Click root by the little cartoon figure.

7. As app runs a circle will cycle.

8. If everything is ok, after 2 or 3min the cartoon will turn really happy and another root button will appear. Don't click anything. If something goes wrong cartoon puts up a sad face.

9. Leave the app and reboot.

10. Chinese super user will be there in your app drawer. So install superSu app from the playStore and run it. SuperSu will say it needs binaries. Continue and click NORMAL when asked. Chinese super user will ask if you want to grant root permission to Super Su. Tick the box (it means remember this choice) and click the right sided option which stands for "yes".

11. After a while it will say installation succeed and it needs a reboot. So reboot once more.

12. Ok, Now I installed Titanium Backup to remove chinese super user and Root is done!

vannylugo

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
If it dosent work try root genius

anon9020882

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
i've been there done that, no avail. i even tried to unlock my bootloader, thinking that was what was impeding my progress, but it couldn't be unlocked either. its bootloader menu is even in Chinese (or some other asian crap language)...

anon9020882

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site

8. If everything is ok, after 2 or 3min the cartoon will turn really happy and another root button will appear. Don't click anything. If something goes wrong cartoon puts up a sad face.

10. Chinese super user will be there in your app drawer. So install superSu app from the playStore and run it. SuperSu will say it needs binaries. Continue and click NORMAL when asked. Chinese super user will ask if you want to grant root permission to Super Su. Tick the box (it means remember this choice) and click the right sided option which stands for "yes".

11. After a while it will say installation succeed and it needs a reboot. So reboot once more.

12. Ok, Now I installed Titanium Backup to remove chinese super user and Root is done!

this failed too... it said root failed after about 10 secs... i tried the pc version, and my phone kept reconnecting over and over, and making windows to kept repeating that stupid sound it makes when u plug something in.... so i give up. forget cubot. next time i'm shopping for phone, i'll get something which isn't so unpopular; maybe a sony phone....the reason i didn't get one the popular phones is i hate having something new which, just about everyone around you just got, or is about to...

anon9020882

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site

this failed too... it said root failed after about 10 secs... i tried the pc version, and my phone kept reconnecting over and over, and making windows to kept repeating that stupid sound it makes when u plug something in.... so i give up. forget cubot. next time i'm shopping for phone, i'll get something which isn't so unpopular; maybe a sony phone....the reason i didn't get one the popular phones is i hate having something new which, just about everyone around you just got, or is about to...

lolonapoli Italy

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
maybe there is a solution online. but i don't try it yet.
androidcentral doesn't let me insert link. :(
search for "android-hilfe Cubot GT95 - Custom Recovery/Root" on google
android-hilfe is a web site in german so (maybe) you will have to open it in google translate

hope you find it and root your phone

lolonapoli Italy

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
The previous solution works for me,
it was a little long as the Google translation from german was not so accurate :) but i did it :)
i used the "* NEW * Second option root privileges and a custom recovery to get the GT95 (via adb)" method and it's ok
i got a Cubot GT95 rooted :)

Myra V

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
The previous solution works for me,
it was a little long as the Google translation from german was not so accurate :) but i did it :)
i used the "* NEW * Second option root privileges and a custom recovery to get the GT95 (via adb)" method and it's ok
i got a Cubot GT95 rooted :)

lolonapoli Italy... I'm jealous! Haha! If you don't mind, will you please explain a bit further how you managed to root it? I found the German website, but I don't see instructions. Can you help me figure out where the information is on the German website? A link to a thread or something? Thanks!!

lolonapoli Italy

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi Myra,
i'm sorry, but with my 2 posts on this forum, i'm not allowed to post links.
i will cut and past the google translation for you. (it's not my fault if the result translation is not always fully understandable)

1) backup of the phone
For this we need the following:

- CUBOT GT95 (other phones from the manufacturer or with Mediatek processors go)
- PC with Windows 7
- MTK VCOM driver (they run here with the GT95 with the MT6572 processor - other = other chip VCOM driver)
- MTK Droidtools (by most virus scanners carried a false alarm - comes from the one thus gain root privileges on a device can)
- SPFlashtool
- Notepad ++

Thus, the three programs and the driver will be found later in the appendix.

On the GT95 we are now opening the settings.
bottom "Quick Start" disable under "Accessibility"
then you have to enable debugging "still in the" Developer Options "" USB.
now start on the PC MTK Droid Tools as an administrator (MTKdroidTools.exe)

Now connect the Cubot via USB to the PC and wait.
In MTKdroidTool the left column should fill with the device information now.
When this is done (bottom left then showing to a blue square on) we click on the button "Block Folder" to.
(Really ugly translated) and thus reach a new window (block information) in which we use the button at the bottom left a "scatter" create file.
You ought to save this Scatterdatei somewhere in a backup folder where you can find them easily - to read and flash of the Fon is essential.

So, if we are so now is a scatter file richer we are launching the "smart phone Flash Tool"
(SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1420.03 / flash_tool.exe) -also here the administrator rights not forget mitzugeben!

If the program is started the tab "Download" and call in the second column (Scatter -loading File), the loading button and scan the vorhher generated scatter file.
The called me the way "MT6572_Android_scatter.txt".

So now the tab "readback" (above) you want.
About "Add" can generate Center a new entry in the top bar.
But he has ne start address "Start Address" in hex (0 for an initial n yes very good value )
Just how long that now goes now (second entry "Length"), we still need to find.
the last column "File" describes the location where the data is to be stored out.

Double-click on the entry, you can change this
So give me the "ROM_0" File a nice location. If that happens, we can also enter the address (the hex value of the start and finish).
As a "Type" ie "Hex" keep on - the "Start Address" let us also at 0x0000000000000000

The "Length" we need now. To get this, we open the scatter file with Notepad + (please do not use Windows own editor or so - most mess up the line breaks in such files)
Simultaneously in Notepad + simply "CTRL" and "F" - now you can in the little window for the term "cache" and ends up looking the same to the right place.

The cache entry looks like for me:

- Partition_index: SYS16
partition_name: CACHE
file_name: cache.img
is_download: true
type: YAFFS_IMG
linear_start_addr: 0x36340000
physical_start_addr: 0x35740000
partition_size: 0xE200000
Region: EMMC_USER
storage: HW_STORAGE_EMMC
boundary_check: true
is_reserved: false
operation_type: UPDATE
reserve: 0x00

What we need is this entry: "linear_start_addr: 0x36340000"

We simply copy the 0x36340000 in the "Lenght" field from the Smart Phone Flash Tool window and confirm with the Ok button
(That's irrelevant now the starting point and destination are different long columns of numbers)

Now turn off the phone and disconnect the phone from the computer and remove the battery!

Now we wait 2> 3 seconds, and breathe once vigorously

Click in the flash tool on the PC the "Read Back" button.
The window is grayed out and we connect the Cubot easy with the USB cable to the PC.

If the download does not start at the first time:

About the Control Panel in Windows, open the Device Manager.
Under the heading "Ports (COM & LPT)" would have a "MT65xx Preloader" appear
Refresh this, right-click and drivers go> file on your computer and choose to specify the path to the "mtk-vcom" folder from my download.
Confirm with more and install the driver "anyway"
Now we have our "MediaTek preloader USB VCOM port" and stöpseln the GT95 briefly from the PC, click possibly in Flash Tool "Stop"

Now again click the "Read Back" button and make the USB connection.
Then, the download should begin to PC!

Finish the whole once the readback OK aufploppt window (for me sinds 867,25M in 2:47)

So for all those who think that's it? - No, there's more

The Cubot again unstoppering from USB - pure battery and start normally.
Meanwhile, you MTK Droid Root & Tools can if necessary on the PC again restart.

Do not ask me why - but this DroidTools need for functioning the connected device.
has been detected so plug it back USB and wait briefly until everything ....

Select "handle file ROM_ Flash Tool" in the tab "Root, Backup, Recovery" button (pretty middle)
In aufploppenden file browser of course choose our "Rom_0" file

>>> It wpassiert what

Came up the green bars to the end, we are asked if we want to create a CWM recovery - we would love to YES but for me there is an error.
But this is not so bad - our original Rome is still completely unpacked further.

The result I find me in the "MtkDroidTools" folder under "backups"

If there following files are listed ye can rest easy and start the crate to mod

boot.img preloader.bin
EBR1 pro_info
expdb protect_f
factory_NONmodified_recovery.img protect_s
logo.bin uboot.bin
MBR seccfg
misc secro.img
nvram.bin system.img

2) Recover (not tested by lolonapoli :) lucky me

Here I markable the sledgehammer approach - I had myself the "preloader" wegformatiert - so the unit is to enable read nichtmher.
In the Windows Device Manager but it was still a reaction if you have the Cubot without battery via USB connected to the PC.
I now try to write down times in the head as I brought my box back to life this here is determined not edited

So we have:
Dead Cubot GT95
Windows PC installed from before with the drivers and the nice programs.
The backup from the first part
the "Scatter" file from the device (also explained in the backup)

Ok so we start the "smart phone Flash Tool" as admin
Under the top drop down menu "Options" the "Options" Select (such sinnig )

There, under "Connection"
USB to provide "high-speed"
Battery set to "w / o battery"

and under "Download"
Select "ALL DA DL with Checksum"

The settings window we can close.

Select in the main program window the tab "Setup" - "Auto Format Flag" select "Format wholesale flash"
(According to the motto more can not go wrong)
The phone now without battery via USB connection and click Start (or was it the other way around?)
if it fails simply to "stop" and new retry, restart the program if necessary.

Is this Cubot first formatted again on the "Download" tab

Important is the "Download Only" is active!

Now we have our scatter file still a little tune - as delivered all partitions of Rome will not be played.
You can see that the will when loading the Scatterfile in Flash Tool does not load all the partitions which have been present in the backup.

First, you create a copy of the scatter file
open it with Notepad +

The entries are always the same structure:

- Partition_index: SYS15
partition_name: ANDROID
file_name: system.img
is_download: true
type: YAFFS_IMG
linear_start_addr: 0x4340000
physical_start_addr: 0x3740000
partition_size: 0x32000000
Region: EMMC_USER
storage: HW_STORAGE_EMMC
boundary_check: true
is_reserved: false
operation_type: UPDATE
reserve: 0x00

The example shows the Android system image - we see the entry "file_name: system.img" in third place.
? System.img? we have the file in our backup and is not shared with (on Cubot) - which in turn sees
at the entry: "is_download: false"
Now we must adjust our only backup the Scatterfile.
As An An Example:

nvram.bin - backup available

looking at the scatter file the appropriate entry and "is_download: false" to "is_download: false" rewrite.
This is done with all the files you have backed up.

Save the record and upload the new file in the scatter Smart Phone Flash tool.
The missing path information under "Location" edit (> Double-click the appropriate file select [UBOOT = uboot.img etc.])
Do not forget to put all the ticks

Then, if necessary, unplugging mobile phone - still without battery and reconnect

Now press the download button in Flash Tool and hope ...

3) Root method 1 (not tested by lolonapoli )
So if you have now secured all we come to the more interesting topics:

Once I nailed together a small touch recovery here.
Based on the here >> (lolonapoli: search XDA-Developers forum for "port recovery carliv touch recovery v2 7 jellybean for porting to mtk phones" )

But had to tweak some (mount points, tmproot)

If you want I can write an explanation on how such a recovery itself can produce it?

To install you still need the SP Flash Tool and the scatter file as well as the driver for the phone. However, should all be already installed and running if you have previously created a backup of your system
Simply unzip the zip from the Annex on the PC - then you have the recovery.img.

Is the first flashed only this Update.zip download:
(lolonapoli: search google for "UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip" - you find it on the first link that should be "chainfire" site)

Copy the zip on your mobile phone and flash the recovery - already you have root privileges on the system

4) 2nd method for rooting (working for lolonapoli)

* NEW * Second option root privileges and a custom recovery to get the GT95 (via adb)

First you load the .zip down from the Annex.
because of the 10MB file limit have ego uploaded to DropBox
(lolonapoli : to get it goto goo.gl / eRzV44 )

> On the PC you need fastboot and adb on the run.

> On the GT95 at the Developer Options "USB debugging" Activate!
>> Make absolutely sure the SD card to the internal 1Gb free memory !!!

If you want to be absolutely sure you start the device once again so that no unnecessary programs are run on more and go into airplane mode so that the middle moment during the procedure does not like someone or something.
Should happen but nothing - the device should only react incredibly slow.

> Connect Now your phone via USB to the PC.

(If you want to test the connection in the windows shell (cmd) "adb shell" enter - you have to be forwarded to the prompt of the smartphone!)

On the PC, we now extract the MTK-GT95-Mod.zip and just open the extracted folder. It should be located three files (start backup, busybox and data.tar)

To make it easy to push us to do and we keep on the keyboard "Ctrl" (bottom left) and "Shift" (one over it), then click with the right mouse button anywhere in the folder.
In the now aufploppenden context menu we can now start the Windows shell (cmd) in the appropriate folder instead of navigating around wildly.

Now we need to copy the 3 files to the GT95.
These shell copy via copy & paste these 3 commands in and pressing the Enter key inquiry.

Code:
(lolonapoli : remove space character before and after the "/"
adb push busybox / data / local / tmp /

adb push startbackup / data / local / tmp /

adb push data.tar / data / local / tmp /

The output should always should look like this:

7423 KB / s (538204 bytes in 0.070s)

Needs to happen is that you the "start backup" scripts make it executable with:
Code:

adb shell chmod 777 / data / local / tmp / startbackup

if no response comes here it went well

So now the preparations are ready made and we can start the backup script:
(If started - Stay away from the phone!)
Code:

adb shell sh -c / data / local / tmp / startbackup

Then wait first announced. The largest chunk is "android" (the system.img) with about 830Mb

Once the script has finished you have successfully created a complete backup of the system.

The next step is to copy the backup to the PC - this possibly in the Developer options USB debugging again disable the GT95 as "mass storage" to be able to log on to the PC.
On the SD card (internal) now contains the following new section:

GT95mod

MTK system backup

Copy the folder "MTK system backup" to your PC - it is our newly created full backup of the system
From the folder "GT95mod we copy us the" MODboot.img "on the computer, the .zip archive we leave it as it is on the device.
(Easiest in the "MTK-GT95-Mod" folder then we can continue to use the shell window)

Everything is now stored on the PC is re-enabled USB debugging.

Must order the custom recovery to install start his GT95 in fastboot mode you now.
This is achieved by:
Code:

adb reboot bootloader

You will see a black screen where the bottom left quite small "=> fastboot" position.
Now you installed with the "MODboot.img":
Code:

fastboot flash boot MODboot.img

If the data has been transferred to reboot with:
Code:

fastboot reboot

So now fearing and hope that everything goes well.
If the device now starts in the fastboot mode after boot logo again we have our custom recovery already on it
To get into this now, we simply repeat:
Code:

fastboot reboot

Once the display starts now press the louder key and hold it down - now our touch- recovery should start.

Once in this "Install zip" tap and in the submenu (already highlighted in blue) "Chose zip sdcard" option.
Open the folder in the file list "GT95mod" and install the "UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip" - thus equals the system rooted.

If the zip is installed you start the new GT95.

Now you land back in fastboot mode.

Now from the backup that you on the PC, the file "bootimg.img" copy and copy it to the "MTK-GT95-Mod" folder
then the shell window this flash with:
Code:

fastboot flash boot bootimg.img

and reboot with:
Code:

fastboot reboot

Finished!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs