Why won't my recovery software recognize Android 4.4.4 via USB?

3moosey3

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Recovery software won't recognize Android 4.4.4 via USB

How do I recover deleted photos on my Samsung S5. I have tried a lot of recovery software but they will not recognize the files on Android 4.4.4. I have connected to my computer using the USB port and the computer recognizes the Android files just fine. I have have turned on debugging and tried the three usb connection options. I know that the USB storage has been changed on the new Android updates. If I put the Sd card into the computer it will probably work, but I want to do it by the USB port. Does anyone know how to fix this problem other than rooting my phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Recovery software won't recognize Android 4.4.4 via USB

Welcome to Android Central! In order to have a chance at recovering deleted files from your phone's internal storage, you'd have to root it and use a program like DiskDigger, PhotoRec, or Recuva. But there's certainly no guarantee this will work either.

3moosey3

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

The photos I deleted were on the sd card. Is the only way to recover them is removing the sd card and putting it in the computer? Or will that even work? I still would like to find a way to do it by the usb, but that probably isn't possible.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

If they were on the SD card, then you have a better chance. Unmount the card immediately (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and insert it into your computer. Now run a program like DiskDigger or PhotoRec to see if you can recover the photos from the SD.

3moosey3

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

I over came my stubborn nature and had them off the cloud, But I still want to try to recover them from my sd card without removing it from my phone. Why can't I do that, I want to know. Will Loliepop allow me to do this? Lets see.