G+ Photos is auto-uploading videos and I can't make it stop - help??

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I am using Google's auto-upload of photos to my Google drive (not sure what it's officially called). On my tablet the options to "Back up photos" and "Back up videos" are greyed out. It is on and it is backing up photos and videos. I don't want it backing up videos though. Anyone know why these options are greyed out?

Thanks!!!
Paul

(hope this is the right forum topic - it's built in to the OS)

Last edited:

Lars124

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
You can try to reinstall the app. The first time, you start the app, it asks you if you want to backup your photos and videos. All you need to do is to decline this at the beginning. ;)

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
You can try to reinstall the app. The first time, you start the app, it asks you if you want to backup your photos and videos. All you need to do is to decline this at the beginning. ;)

Good point but I can't uninstall. Photos is tied to G+ and I can't uninstall G+. Thanks though.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Good point but I can't uninstall. Photos is tied to G+ and I can't uninstall G+. Thanks though.

Google + can be disabled in the settings - apps. Doing that it's like uninstalling Photos. You can enable it back any time you want.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith