Why did the Voice Search Icon disappear from my Homescreen?

denret

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
The Voice Search Icon disappeared from my Homescreen

I'm running Android 4.4.1 (Kit Kat) on a LG L41C. Been working absolutely great, love it, and all of sudden the Voice Search Icon disappeared from my
homescreens (little mic) ......gone, no voice search. I can't for the life of me find the option for restoring it?????

Any information would be greatly appreciated. I use this feature all the time.

jbeachy

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: The Voice Search Icon disappeared from my Homescreen

Try clicking your "All Apps" button, swipe to the Widgets page, and look for Google Search. You should be able to move it back to the home screen

Posted via Android Central App with my Droid MAXX

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

I'm running Android 4.4.1 (Kit Kat) on a LG L41C. Been working absolutely great, love it, and all of sudden the Voice Search Icon disappeared from my
homescreens (little mic) ......gone, no voice search. I can't for the life of me find the option for restoring it?????

Any information would be greatly appreciated. I use this feature all the time.

long press--->Add Widget/App for Voice Search

or

Settings--->Language & Input--->Voice Typing or Search

denret

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site

Great......found it in Widgets and moved it over. Thanks for the timely and correct replies.

Missy01fl

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
I cant find it in apps or wigets... I can only find the big rectangle.... but when I search by typing in 'voice search' in the App drawer, it shows me the icon but does not allow me to move it to my home screen.... but I can't app and open it from there. I really want to be able to put it on my home screen. Any suggestions?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01