Landvo L800s. Seems to be rooted, and issues with Bluetooth. Any advice?

Lynn K Duthie

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Recently bought a landvo L800S dual sim for work/home.
I'm having issues with an app and with Bluetooth.

The maufacturer tells me that the phone isn't rooted, but the App 'Three In Touch' won't run and says the device is rooted. I'm not overly concerned about running this app, but if the phone's rooted that may be why an app that I AM bothered about won't functino fully.

The app 'iZettle' runs OK, but won't talk to my bluetooth card reader, despite the cardreader pairing with the phone fine, and bluetooth working fine to connect to another phone. iZettle needs to be on a non-rooted device, so I'm not sure if the Bluetooth/cardreader issue is to do with potential rooting or with a clash between Android 4.4.2 and Bluetooth.

The manufacturer has suggested that I update the firmware, but I'm trying to find other options first because to be blunt their instructions are quite bamboozling and I'm not convinced that I actually have the right files.

They've offered me alternative models, none of which are definitely compatibale with iZettle. Otherwise I'm very happy with the phone ... if I could just get iZettle to talk to the card reader on Bluetooth!

Any advice gratefully received

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Install Root Checker. It requests root access and lets you know if it got it (the phone is rooted) or didn't (the phone isn't rooted). (If the phone is rooted, you may get a popup requesting that you grant root to Root Checker - that's enough to tell you that the phone is rooted.)

Once you know whether the phone is rooted or not, you'll know which is causing the problem, the phone's ROM (which is what gets rooted) or the apps, which won't run on an unrooted 4.4.2 ROM in a Landvo L800S. If your arm is broken, you have to figure out which arm it is before putting a cast on it will do any good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze