Why aren't my call logs and messages displaying contact names, since the KitKat update?

Jehanzeb Pathan

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
KitKat Call Logs and Messages does not display Contact Names

Last week I bought a Huawei Honor Holly. It runs KitKat 4.4.2 with Emotion UI 2.3.

I added my Google account and my Contacts synced and show up in the default Contact app.

The Contact app allows me to select "Contacts to display" using which I can choose to view all contacts, my gmail contacts only, SIM contacts, Phone contact and Customize. If I select Phone contact, it shows up empty. If I select Gmail contacts or all contacts, I can see all my Gmail contacts.

The problem is, when I receive a call or SMS, the contact name does not show up in the incoming call screen, call logs or messaging app (for SMS).

The Contact app also had an option for Import/Export. I used it to export all my Gmail contacts to "Phone contact". Contact names automatically showed up in call screens, call logs and messaging app.

Now when I add a new Contact to my Gmail, it does not show up in Phone Contacts. So I decided to import all Gmail contacts again ending up with duplicate contacts in my Phone contacts.

On all my previous Android phones, I just had to add my Google account and all messaging, call logs and incoming/outgoing call screens automatically would start showing the Contact names. Has this changed in KitKat ??

If I can find a simple sync tool to copy contacts between Google contacts and Phone contacts, that might solve the problem. I am open to any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: KitKat Call Logs and Messages does not display Contact Names

Remove the Google account on the device and re-add it - make sure the contacts have sync'd then check to see if incoming calls/messages are displaying contact information.

Jehanzeb Pathan

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: KitKat Call Logs and Messages does not display Contact Names

Thank you for your response. I removed the account and re-added it but the problem still persists.

Also note that the update you have made to my post's heading is incorrect. I never updated my phone to KitKat. It came with KitKat 4.4.2 pre-installed from factory. This is a new phone that just got released 2 months ago by Huawei. Its called Honor Holly or Honor 3C Lite. Kindly update the post heading.

I have read through the problems with the contact names for users who have updated to KitKat and I have tried most of those fixes, but they did not work. My problem is with a new phone with KitKat pre-installed.

Please read my post above for details of what I have tried already.

JA RC

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
KitKat Call Logs and Messages does not display Contact Names

Mobile Don't show Contacts .SOLVED. SOLUCIONADO. Hi. From Spain. I've had the same problem but using CCleaner I solved the problem. I had too much registers Of calls . Cleaning during 3 hours with CCLEANER I'll get the solution

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski