4Gb of space, yet only a few MB's usable?

Azteca209

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I've been trying to download a game called Order And Chaos Online which is 1.7gb, I have installed an 8gb SD card and well SD's + Kitkat 4.4.2 = Headaches, so Im trying to install it on the internal memory. The phone comes with 4gb of internal memory BUT I only have about 300mb available, I've been removing some unused apps and uninstalling app updates and managed to get 600mb's...

Why would a phone say it comes with 4gb of storage if you cant even use 1gb? My apps atm are taking 1.09gb, but in the storage there's a "Misc" which is taking 2.33gb's?? What can I do to get more space?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Since KitKat needs about 500MB to operate in, you have about 100MG in which to download and install an app.

The 4GB of space usually includes the space that Android takes up.

The "Misc" is files that your apps are keeping - data, your progress in a game, etc.

What can you do to get more space? When you figure that out, you will have invented a new math. You can't put more than 4GB of data in 4GB of space. The only way to put more data in there is to get rid of data that's there - apps, pictures, videos, data. A phone with 4GB of space today is like a buttonhook - something from a bygone era. A 16GB phone is considered small.

Azteca209

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Yea, im aware that you cant put more data once its full, what I dont understand is why kikat doesnt allow apps to be saved or downloaded to the SD card like before... I cant believe I bought this instead of another iPhone what a mistake! I guess I have to wait for a root on my device, or hopefully android 5.0, if not I guess Ill be having target practice with this thing :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01