S5 Office 365 Calendar time wrong

Crackerballer

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I have searched furiously and alas, I could not find my answer. So here's the post!

New S5 on Verizon running 4.4.4. I have my Google account synced and just encrypted the device (per my employer) and added my work email this AM. However, with my work account, an Office 365 account, certain (not all) appointments, generally the standing ones that recur weekly/monthly, are off by 1 hour. They show up 1 hour early.

I have toyed with time zones on the device and tried to check on my laptop (running Outlook 2010 on Windows 7) and can't for the life of me fix it. Any tips?

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
The origin of this problem is likely one of three places: your device time zone settings, your calendar app settings, or your Microsoft account settings. It sounds like you've checked the first two but not the third. In your Microsoft account, probably more easily done on a PC than the phone, go into your account settings and check the Time Zone there (under managing your account).

Which calendar app are you using? Has it locked you to your home time zone? That may be the problem depending on which time zone was used to create the recurring event.

Crackerballer

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, I cannot change the MS account since it is corporate controlled, but the Outlook setting is registered as Eastern (-5:00) which is correct. Someone suggested a DST setting that might have been in place previously, before we migrated over to office 365 (which just happened a few months ago) that is messed up. But that isn't the case across all appointments.

Edit: I tried both the Google Calendar app and the generic Samsung app. I toggled settings in both but it didn't matter. Again, ALL appointments are not wrong for the Office 365 account, just some of them.

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
All you can do, besides manually change the ones that are wrong, is watch carefully to see if any new appointments have the same problem. If it's just certain old appointments, then it's just a quirk in how they were created and there is nothing wrong with your phone or account settings.

Madison0922

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
My work around for this is to open the item in Outlook, make a change to the item, such as marking or unmarking it "Private", and then syncing on the phone's calendar app you are using. This has resolved the issue for me and then I change the Outlook calendar item back to its original status. Not the most convenient thing to do if you have multiple recurring appointments but it was less frustrating to me than seeing the time incorrectly stated on the phone calendar.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci