My Htc desire 510 front camera has stopped working, any ideas ?

seant10

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
I have had it since christmas, Set it up with a couple of apps ( FB, twitter, Instagram snapchat etc) i was using it for about a week and the front camera worked fine as did everything else went to bed one night left the phone on my desk. Woke up the next day the phone hadnt moved so hadnt been knocked or anything and the front camera had stopped working.

Have tried rebooting, and doing a battery pull nothing changed reset the camera settings and nothing.

Trying to avoid doing a factory reset any ideas.

Jonthin5710

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I tried booting in safe mode and still nothing. Selfie mode is completely gone on my phone and I have tried swiping left and right everywhere on my phone and tried numerous apps. Any other way to fix it because right now I have a a front camera for no reason.

OrchidGirl

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
I know this sounds idiotic, but it happened to me. I recently switched phone companies, and when the sales associate put my cover back on the phone, she did it upside down. Once I realized what had happened and turned it around, I found that it was the cover and not the camera itself.

A

AC Question

Why is my front camera not working?

I factory reset my HTC desire 510 hoping that my front camera would start to work but it doesn't seem to be doing so. It doesn't work on apps or anything every time i switch from back to front it shuts the app out rather its my camera or a camera app! idk what to do help!

DuarneC

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Even when I factory reset it and delete all apps and put the phone on safe mode, nothing seems to be working. please help with this problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! In that case, it may be a hardware fault, or a corrupt firmware. Is the phone still under warranty?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams