How do you stop deleted movie files from returning time and time again?

Jcorey2293

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Using Note 3 running Kitkat 4.4.4 on At&t. There are 3 movie files that I continuously delete and they keep coming back. Two of the are MP4 and one Mkv. I'm a computer engineer, so not a noob, I could really use some help on this one. I've researched and tried so many different methods but still these movie files magically return.

I've tried:

1) I first went into the "My files", Androids OS file manager, and go into into the SD card and click on the files and delete them. I restart and they reappear.

2) I hooked the USB cable to my computer and browsed my SD card. Located the files and deleted them. I then hooked my phone up to a different computer and browsed the SD Card to verify they were deleted, also verified through Android OS file manager, they were confirmed deleted. I restart the phone and BAM! the files are back.

3) I took out my SD Card out of the phone and inserted it into my Computers SD card reader. I deleted the files through the computer. Confirmed deletion using another computer. I then put it back in my phone, mounted it, confirmed deletion through OS file manager, restarted phone and BAM! they are back!

Also, every time I restart, I can click on the movie files and watch the movies. Also, I can delete other stuff on my SD Card and it doesn't happen. Just these 3 files. I can provide video if someone really needs it.

Thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you identify where the videos are from? Did you originally put them there, or were they associated with an app?

Jcorey2293

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Thank you! Sorry about that, I should have mentioned that when I first posted it. I have a DVR and record all my TV shows and movies on my Media Center PC and then transfer them to my laptop/tablet/phone. Two of the videos are tv shows and one is a movie. I transfer about 10 per week and have transferred hundreds of videos previous to this. I hook up my phone to my PC via USB cable and transfer the video over to the SD Card. I dont use any special software to transfer, just windows explorer. And the only special app I use to watch the videos on my phone is MX Player and thats because of all the codecs it offers. Also, its been over a week now, I still try to delete them everyday and they still come back. And since then I have transferred more videos, watched them, and then deleted them. No problems. Its like these 3 are cursed. I am thinking of backing up the 64GB card and wiping it clean and then restoring my files. Dont know if that will work or not.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if this is the first sign that the SD card is starting to fail. Probably a good idea to get a new one.

Danijor

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Did you ever find a solution? I do the same thing as you do (recording movies/tv and moving to my phone to watch later. It has always worked beautifully until now.) I am having the same issue with my Note 3. And the exact opposite is also happening. When I copy files over to the phone to watch, Windows Explorer shows them as being on the phone (and I see them when I look at the my phone directly), but soon thereafter, they disappear. I've tried numerous things, just like you did and I'm terribly frustrated!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power