Why can't I send emails via mobile networks on Moto G?

carvosso

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Cannot send emails via mobile networks on moto g

I have just bought my first smartphone a Moto G 4G 1st generation. I've set up my POP3 email account successfully using the same POP & SMTP details that I currently use to send and receive emails via Outlook 2010 and my home based Netgear WiFi gigabit router.

The Moto G email account works fine at home via the WiFi router, and so does Gmail. However when I'm away from home (or at home with WiFi turned off on the Moto G for testing purposes) I cannot send email from the POP3 account via Mobile Networks - it just remains stuck in the outbox. I can still receive OK and can still send and receive Gmail.. In Mobile Networks Settings on the Moto I have data enabled checked and data roaming checked. I don't know what Access Point Names are all about - are they relevant? Any help and advice would be gratefully received

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Cannot send emails via mobile networks on moto g

Just a wild guess, since I've seen this before, but it sounds like your ISP doesn't allow relaying on an unsecured connection. You could try getting secure SMTP settings from your ISP (it's usually just a different port and a checkbox). If you can surf in your Internet browser on the device, you have the right Access Point Names set up already. You didn't say where you are or what carrier you're with or what mail server you use, so I can't be more specific with helping with the POP/SMTP settings. As an example, here are Comcast's:
Using Email Client Programs with Comcast Email

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463