Why do I lose my cellphone signal when I walk in a store?

evonna_21

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a Alcatel Fierce 2 phone (4.4 kitkat) with metropcs services. Everytime I walk into a store I lose my cellphone signal completely. Is there something I can do about it. I've talk to the phone company but they haven't been able to fix the problem. Also, the phone is brand new and my boyfriend has the same problem with his android phone which is a lg.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
My signal has always been bad to none in stores. I'm pretty sure it's all of the metal and wiring. Most signals, especially the higher frequency bands, have trouble penetrating stores, office buildings, etc. for the same reasons.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
This is not a KitKat-isolated issue. As the others noted, it's a carrier coverage issue. There's a supermarket near me that unless I was near the door had poor or no signal. That may have changed now but I don't go in that one often.

There are buildings where I work that are dead zones unless you go outside. The company is actually working on wiring them for Verizon and ATT service to improve coverage.

It all depends on the construction of the building, it's easier for the signal to penetrate some materials than others. If the building has a lot of metal in the construction (especially metal-clad cast concrete), it can make things worse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress