How can I downgrade my Note 3 back to KitKat?

A

AC Question

novice needs help downgrading note 3 back to kitkat

Its a 32 gb sm-n9005gsmh on the 3 network, ive read some forums but i dont even understand what 'flashing' is or what 'odin' is.
ive been on sammobile but couldnt see the GSMH version file and i dont want to wreck my phone trying.

also does it matter when your phone was built and which was the last version of kitkat before lollicrap ?

as you can tell i dont know much about this sort of thing, would someone be kind enough to give me a safe tried and tested step by step method please ? thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: novice needs help downgrading note 3 back to kitkat

Welcome to Android Central! Which country, and which carrier? From another forum, I gathered that your phone is from the UK, on Vodafone, is that right? Look here for your preferred KitKat firmware: Firmware for Samsung SM-N9005 - SamMobile. The different versions probably have to do with incremental system updates that didn't increase the version. Pick the most recent one.

These steps should hopefully be pretty clear: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...w-flash-stock-rom-via-odin-new-interface.html

ommerman

May 22, 2015
Visit site

Hello B Diddy. I filled in the info on my account now but here's the info :
UK
HG3 network

I've just had a look at the link you sent for Sammobile and altered it to HG3 but that's where i got stuck last time, the 3rd one down dated 2014-11-07 looks good to me but i didn't want to go further because the PDA and CSC numbers didn't match and serial numbers inside the phone, the GSMH part on the end i mean, would it be better if i took the phone back to the 3 store i bought it at and asked them to do it ? or wont they do it ??

thanks Dave

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

would it be better if i took the phone back to the 3 store i bought it at and asked them to do it ?

This would probably be the best way to approach it. I'm not entirely sure about what to do if the PDA and CSC don't match.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa