Why has my settings stopped on startup?

James Blystone

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Settings has stopped on startup Please Help!

So recently my friend had giving me an LG Tribute from Virgin Mobile running 4.4.2 KitKat. I had some fun with it and even rooted it. A day later, I tried to wipe some caches and then access settings and it gave me the message, "unfortunately, settings have stopped". I then tried to factory reset to see if it would fix the problem. After that, all that I see now is a black background with the error message on it. I have tried to boot it in safe mode, factory reset from the device, removing and installing my sd card (16gb), downloading multiple programs to have access to the phone's files, and spending an entire two and a half days now researching on how to fix this phone! I really would love some helpful feedback as I am fairly new to the android scene! Thanks again and any help is appreciated!

The-Defiyeir

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Settings has stopped on startup Please Help!

did u delete the program called com.lge.sui.widget? if so u might as well be looking for flash-able software for that device because that program is required to run settings for some reason don't ask me why i have trouble shot it in the past and removing that app was the culprit once i reinstalled that system app it was fine again