Can I get some help getting access to my phone?

jbird1126

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Can't Access Phone Need Help

I recently rooted my phone and messed with the resolution, just playing around... Now my phone locked me out and I cant access backup pin since the resolution is not correct. I really need it to work but when I attempt to put it into recovery mode to factory reset, it brings me back into safe mode asking for backup pin. I am freaking out and need help!!! I have an LG Ultimate 2

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't Access Phone Need Help

Or turn on in download mode and flash the ROM.

Rule of thumb. Before doing anything that might make the phone unbootable, make sure you have a custom recovery and the entire phone is backed up in recovery. Worst case, you restore the backup.

jbird1126

May 28, 2015
Visit site

I cannot get into download mode, I cant figure it out, I have tried everything... How could I flash a custom recovery with no access to my phone? I am very stuck...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

If you can't get into anything, look in the appropriate forums at XDA Forums for a boot image for your phone. You can put that on an SD card and boot from the card. Then you can at least get access to the phone.

The other way would be to pay a JTAG service (look on eBay) to flash a stock ROM to your phone. (The phone is built with no firmware, so there's a way to put firmware into it before it has any. Using a JTAG box is one way.)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

If you can't get into anything, look in the appropriate forums at XDA Forums for a boot image for your phone. You can put that on an SD card and boot from the card. Then you can at least get access to the phone.

The other way would be to pay a JTAG service (look on eBay) to flash a stock ROM to your phone. (The phone is built with no firmware, so there's a way to put firmware into it before it has any. Using a JTAG box is one way.)