Pendo Pad 7 is factory resetting itself

Mitchellcdck

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Greetings,

Two months ago I purchased a Pendo Pad 7 PNDPP44Q7GPBLK (8GB) tablet computer, with Android 4.4.2. A few days ago, I started experiencing an occurrence where the device would, after having been properly shut down, take several minutes to start up and then act as if it had been factory reset, asking me to input my language, WiFi, timezone, Google account details, etc. All my apps get deleted, my wallpaper gets reset, all my files are wiped and it seems as if the device has reset itself!

I've tried erasing the cache and performing a manual factory reset, but it didn't do anything. This kind of thing has never happened to me before and I just don't know what to do. Is it a problem with the NAND flash, or the software?

Thanks in advance!

Mitchell.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's probably a problem with the hardware, or possibly the firmware, which wouldn't be too surprising for an off-brand device. There may not be much you can do. Does this keep occurring if you don't reinstall any apps after one of the resets?

Mitchellcdck

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the welcome.

Yes, it continues to resets itself regardless of if I have installed any apps after rebooting it. I've tried shutting it down and rebooting it right after I am sent to the home screen, though I still received the welcome -> pick your language -> input WiFi password process etc.

That's disappointing to read, though the tablet was quite inexpensive and I do have other devices. Thank you anyway.