No sim card detected after encrypting sd card

kox444

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Hello. I have a terrible problem and I'm really counting on your help. After encrypting SD card (just sd card, I encrypted internal memory a few months ago and everything was ok) and rebooting, sim card is no longer detected. It was detected just once, I know this because I was prompted for my pin, this was right after rebooting after encryption was finished. Then I left my phone and picked it up a few minutes later to see that sim card is no longer detected and it's not detected since then. I did a factory reset twice, with no result. I don't know if the phone has a sim lock, but I have original sim card provided with this phone and this sim card works on another phone. I have no idea how is this related or is this related to sd card encryption. The strange thing was that it asked me for the pin the first time and then it just magically started to ignore sim card.

I might also add that battery drains like crazy, it only lasts a day. My old phone, samsung galaxy pocket sometimes didn't read sim card and while it wasn't detecting sim card, battery also was consumed far faster than normal. But this is off topic.

Maybe flashing the rom would help? What do you think? I'm worried about warranty, it would be my last resort. I think I would have to obtain my provider's stock rom to restore it in case it doesn't work. The phone is Xperia E4 E2105 and system version 4.4.4
I also tried sony pc companion repair, but it says it can't connect to servers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez