How do I change my camera default to a USB camera

mtnrabbit

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Facebook has come out with Facebook Live , I have tried It out and It works well .
I want to use a USB camera but I can't figure out how to change the defaults so it will work.
My phone is a Note 4
I have downloaded apps like CameraFi but when I try to change the defaults this app is not seen by my phone
Thanks ...

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
What app is not seen by the phone? CameraFi?

Go to Settings > Applications > Default Applications and delete all entries pertaining to your camera. That should reset the phone to ask you what camera to use for certain processes.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Very strange. Have you deleted all cameras in Default applications... this includes video or anything to do with the camera? Try doing that again and then restarting the phone before you open any camera apps. Maybe the phone needs to rescan your apps. Can you post a screenshot of your default applications page?

I own a Note 4 also and it detects any camera app I install.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
It just dawned on me that CameraFi is for a USB camera. It may only be detected when you connect a USB camera to the phone.

crewshon

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
It just dawned on me that CameraFi is for a USB camera. It may only be detected when you connect a USB camera to the phone.

That does not work

I have only

Assist & voice input
Browser app
Home app
Phone app
SMS app
"Opening links"

in Default apps.

Anyway. Facebook live, Periscope or Instagram are opening default phone camera without giving any choice.

Any ideas how to stream video from computer to phone instead of phone's hardware camera source?

BCC Bren

Sep 27, 2019
Visit site
I have only

Assist & voice input
Browser app
Home app
Phone app
SMS app
"Opening links"

in Default apps.

Anyway. Facebook live, Periscope or Instagram are opening default phone camera without giving any choice.

Any ideas how to stream video from computer to phone instead of phone's hardware camera source?

I am also interested in this. I would like to attach a USB camera that has a fixed focal length to scan QR codes in a kiosk situation. I would need to tell Android operating system that the USB attached camera is the default camera to use.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Did you figure this out??
Hi, welcome to AC !

This a old thread , and other members tried asking questions in 2019 , doesn't look like you'll get your answers here , try making your own thread see if other members can help you out .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon