LG optimus exceed 2 problem

jmcinvale

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I have an LG Optimus Exceed 2 that up until a day ago worked fine.

I rebooted it and all heck let loose.

Booted fine, but WI-FI sits there trying to turn on and when I try to turn bluetooth on it tries, but never succeeds.

Also I had to reinstall a few apps and sometimes when accessing some settings the phone reboots, but gets stuck at the red verizon screen.

yesterday I rebooted to the menu and cleared cache then rebooted to safe mode and it did that ok.

At some point phone rebooted and all was well. I then rebooted this afternoon and have the same symptoms only none of my apps are affected.

Any idea what the problem is?

Also is it possible to flash a factory ROM without loosing any of my text messages and if not is there a way to export them?

EDIT:

Found out it doesn't get stuck at the red verizon screen. It continues on with the boot.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you already tried a factory reset? My understanding of LG phones is that the user doesn't have access to the standard Android Recovery Menu, and therefore can't wipe the system cache partition.

jmcinvale

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I didn't factory reset. Was waiting for my text messages to back up before I did.

Phone seems to be working ok for now.

Will know if it is still fixed when I have to reboot it.

Are there any apps that with root can check the system files and verify that they are ok?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc