Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree41Likes

Default Re: I hope they change the buttons on L?

yeah the new nav buttons look horrid. i also hope they don't bring back all of those random colors in android. i prefer black, white and grey. androids color scheme up until kitkat has always been to fragmented.

Not a fan of it what it's wrong with the current ones? Thanks god for xposed, custom ROM and launchers.
    Also the colors are way too bright and there is to much going in terms of on-screen animations.
    HZD

I really don't understand the Circle home button.

The Square looks like the resents button of old, it could be a square within a square to indicate some from of multitasking.

The Triangle works well as its dynamic for showing or hiding the keyboard e.c.t

The Circle would be better to be a amalgamation of the HERA Google button and a home button ( a simplified house icon A'la sony )

When on a home screen the Google button shows to open Google now and any other screen back to the home icon to go directly to your home page

they need to get rid of the onscreen buttons

I guess I'm one of the rare people that like the new iconography. Looks clean and simple to me. Hope they don't change it.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Changes always bring complaints. Personally I like the new buttons and the design trends of the last years in all the tech areas are that: simple and minimalist.
    mrsmumbles likes this.

Simple and minimalist is good. The execution, however? Not really. It looks like a toy.
    haikallp likes this.

Global Posts
    1,235 Global Posts

I for one LOVE the new look.
    I'm so glad they're getting rid of the Holo neon blue and all black look, looked way too sterile.

I actually like the look of them overall however I do not like the circle being the home button. To me that will be a problem for a new user who doesn't understand the process. I hope they reconsider making that button look more like the current "home" button.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123