09-02-2016 09:55 AM
179 1234 ...
tools
    Facebook works fine for me (I'm using the alpha builds though)
    LightFlow also works for me - though it took a little bit

MMS doesn't work through Hangouts -- I've tweaked APNs and toggled Airplane mode and though I get the notification to download the MMS, nothing comes through (I'm on AT&T)
    06-28-2014 08:02 AM
    Ligt flow causes a lot of trouble for me, causing a reboot and bootloops after. I contacted the developper, he experienced it too. And hes working on it.
    06-28-2014 01:03 PM
    In addition to ones already mentioned:

Need for Speed Most Wanted
    Real Racing 3
    Dead Trigger 2
    Homerun Battle 3D
    FIFA 14
    HBO Go
    MAX Go
    BSPlayer
    MoboPlayer

Note: VPlayer IS working for video for me using hardware acceleration, but had to up the buffer to get a/v sync.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    06-28-2014 03:41 PM
    Hi. I am curious about android L and I really wanna use it but nexus 5 is my only phone. I am interested in developing android program like an hobiest . If I have my phone , it will be huge problem for.So I am asking for common problems on beta. Are popular apps like Whatsapp,facebook,snapchat,foursquare OK? Is there a rebooting problem or something similar?
    I installed L on my only device. Twitter doesn't work, so I go to the web for it. Facebook comments don't bother me too much either. I do most of my facebooking on tablet anyway. Most of the phone specific functions (calling, text based texting) work fine and the OS is far less buggy than I expected (I'm a test engineer by trade). Sure, it's not recommended, but I think "shouldn't" is strong language. I've worked with some buggy builds in various software, and Android L is one of the better ones.
    06-28-2014 05:23 PM
    For some reason I'm not able to play videos (mp4 format) using es file explorer. The same videos don't work through the photos app , vlc beta app either. The videos worked fine on KitKat. Not sure who else is facing this.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-28-2014 05:26 PM
    Facebook works fine for me (I'm using the alpha builds though)
    LightFlow also works for me - though it took a little bit

MMS doesn't work through Hangouts -- I've tweaked APNs and toggled Airplane mode and though I get the notification to download the MMS, nothing comes through (I'm on AT&T)
    As was mentioned, Lightflow can be made to work but has some real issues. To me, the worst is if you get a phone call and, after you hang up the screen turns off, then you can't turn the screen back on without rebooting the phone. And then it typically will start into a boot loop -- at least until you can get Lightflow uninstalled.

I've had zero problems with Lastpass, don't know why it is claimed that isn't working.

Neither Nook or Kindle Apps are working for me. The Kindle app crashed when I try to read a book, Nook crashes just trying to get to the library.
    06-28-2014 05:37 PM
    hello bro and friends i loss my internal memory how its recovery?
    06-29-2014 02:39 AM
    Aside from those already listed, one big app that I use every day that crashes on startup in L is Firefox.
    06-29-2014 05:43 AM

I've had zero problems with Lastpass, don't know why it is claimed that isn't working.

Neither Nook or Kindle Apps are working for me. The Kindle app crashed when I try to read a book, Nook crashes just trying to get to the library.
    I agree LastPass works fine - couldn't use tablet without it! Kindle APPEARS to work, but crashes when I open a book.

Can't remember if its been mentioned, but Netflix works locally but crashes when casting.

LJ Robinson likes this.
    06-29-2014 07:41 AM
    For some reason I'm not able to play videos (mp4 format) using es file explorer. The same videos don't work through the photos app , vlc beta app either. The videos worked fine on KitKat. Not sure who else is facing this.

I got VPlayer to (sorta) work.

06-29-2014 07:42 AM
    As was mentioned, Lightflow can be made to work but has some real issues. To me, the worst is if you get a phone call and, after you hang up the screen turns off, then you can't turn the screen back on without rebooting the phone. And then it typically will start into a boot loop -- at least until you can get Lightflow uninstalled.

An update on the Lightflow issue; apparently Lightflow only crashed after a phone call if you phone is set to use Slide for unlocking. If you change your unlock to something else (none, pattern, etc) then Lightflow will work; apparently there are some issues with apps and the Slide unlock.

I rebooted my phone to see if it would bootloop; with my unlock set to pattern it rebooted once and then was fine. I suspect that I tried to get into the phone too soon, that Lightflow needs to start before you try to unlock the phone.
    06-29-2014 10:41 AM
    Nook, Sling Player, Zinio, IKEA Catalog not working

LJ Robinson likes this.
    06-29-2014 01:40 PM
    One of the weird issues I had with Lightflow was that it made it so I wasn't receiving a lot of push notifications for several apps. It also caused a lot of bugs when I was trying to set alarms through the clock app. These have all been resolved since I uninstalled Lightflow. As for MMS, I read elsewhere that you can fix the problem by flashing the radio for 4.4.4. Not sure if it works, because I haven't tried it yet.
    06-29-2014 02:20 PM
    We're coming around on 24 hours since the first Android L Developer Preview build was released, and while everyone is getting into it and seeing what's new, one of the clear (and expected) issues is compatibility with third-party apps. Some apps perform poorly, others don't look right and some downright just don't run at all. Some apps that we've come across that won't run on Android L:

• Dropbox
    • Google Docs
    • Google Sheets
    • Slack
    • Twitter (official app)
    • Cut the Rope Time Travel
    • WatchESPN

Of course you've likely used far more apps than these and found some that aren't working, so go ahead and let everyone know which apps are still inoperable in Android L. Hopefully this thread can turn into a useful tool where people can check in on their favorite apps and see what's working.
    LastPass works well for me

06-29-2014 03:27 PM
    If you have a Nexus 5, just load up multirom, install L to the secondary and enjoy... When you need KK back, just boot back into the primary.

The number of different ROMs is only limited by how much space you have... Run L, stock, pa, cm, miui, etc... The app is awesome
    06-29-2014 03:43 PM
    So, to confirm, Twitter does not work on Android L, despite the fact that it's running on 4.4.4 ART right now? That would be a major deterrent to me
    06-29-2014 03:52 PM
    So, to confirm, Twitter does not work on Android L, despite the fact that it's running on 4.4.4 ART right now? That would be a major deterrent to me
    I would have thought that L being only a developer preview would be enough.
    06-29-2014 04:56 PM
    FYI for those who think developers are going to release L compatible apps shortly...

Google has caution developers not to release L developer preview apps on the play store. I would expect some of these apps not to work for a few months.
    Aquila and ferriman like this.
    06-29-2014 07:06 PM
    How's the phone app working for you guys? I'm experiencing quite a few issues while using a bluetooth headset. Also, the app hasn't compiled a Favorites List for me yet, been using it since it's release so I'm not sure if it's due to a bug or it needs more Outgoing call data.
    06-30-2014 01:59 PM
    Just got an update of Twitter this morning and it works fine now...
    06-30-2014 11:19 PM
    I installed Twitter today and am not having any issues.
    07-01-2014 06:36 AM
    Aside from those already listed, one big app that I use every day that crashes on startup in L is Firefox.
    They're working on a Firefox fix so it should work when the next Facebook Beta is released.

I for one can't wait because I don't really like Chrome.
    07-01-2014 06:11 PM
    LinkedIn
    07-02-2014 06:45 AM
    LinkedIn
    LinkedIn is working fine for me
    07-02-2014 08:00 AM
    They're working on a Firefox fix so it should work when the next Facebook Beta is released.

I for one can't wait because I don't really like Chrome.
    Firefox or Facebook? If Firefox, they released a new version of Firefox Beta on Play yesterday, but it's still not working on L.
    07-02-2014 11:44 AM
179 1234 ...