Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: What apps aren't working in Android L?

Quote Originally Posted by beanboy89 View Post
    Firefox or Facebook? If Firefox, they released a new version of Firefox Beta on Play yesterday, but it's still not working on L.
    Firefox. I noticed that too but in the bug thread on the Mozilla site they mentioned beta 7 but then corrected to beta 8, so maybe the one after this one. It looked like they ran into another bug after the fix.

[Edit] Haha, nope it must be beta 7. The beta we just got was 6: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...android/en-US/
    Last edited by Jerfer; 07-02-2014 at 04:16 PM.

Global Posts
    1,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ferriman View Post
    LinkedIn is working fine for me
    I get the -112 error when trying to install....let me try again this morning

EA FIFA 14 Not Working Either on Android L.. Also After saying "OK Google" once you ask your question it hangs on "Recognizing" the command.

Quote Originally Posted by MLdroidN4 View Post
    How's the phone app working for you guys? I'm experiencing quite a few issues while using a bluetooth headset. Also, the app hasn't compiled a Favorites List for me yet, been using it since it's release so I'm not sure if it's due to a bug or it needs more Outgoing call data.
    Okay so far. I'm a little annoyed that hangouts doesn't update contact information correctly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So how with internet tethering guys? Is there still working?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Transparency issue is fixed in Facebook Beta released yesterday.
    stacehamilton likes this.

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Default What apps aren't working in Android L?

Um I don't know if anyone has posted but the beta version of twitter is working on android L, and i haven't ran into any of the problems yall are experiencing with some apps, facebook runs fine, wondering if a nexus 5 user can confirm the functionality of foxfi on android L?

Update: hulu plus seems to not like android L and netflix doesn't like to cast w/o a crash
    Last edited by scipizoa; 07-23-2014 at 04:05 PM. Reason: update

Well first i was getting errors on KITKAT now Android L is killing me

Google Sheets
    Slack

I really need these to work !!

At least some of the Settings in Touchdown have the colors wrong so you can't see them; specifically, setting Peak Times doensn't work.

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scipizoa View Post
    Um I don't know if anyone has posted but the beta version of twitter is working on android L, and i haven't ran into any of the problems yall are experiencing with some apps, facebook runs fine, wondering if a nexus 5 user can confirm the functionality of foxfi on android L?

Update: hulu plus seems to not like android L and netflix doesn't like to cast w/o a crash
    From what I've seen, none of the video streaming apps are working with L, with the exception of YouTube.

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

I can confirm that todays update to netflix has made video playback possible on android L

In the developer preview for the Galaxy S3 i9300, the WiFi doesn't connect at all and the lock-screen short-cuts don't work either. This ROM is based on Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.4 with Android L features. I was impressed by the new Photosphere feature on the camera app though, but after I found that the WiFi didn't connect, I had to flash back to my backup of Cyanogenmod 11.

How is it possible that some apps don't work? The SDK is still the same right?

Is it just because of some exceptions the devs should test?
    Or is it because of the preview release?

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nebulic View Post

Google claims to have 5000 new APIs for L, so likely the APIs that some applications depend on now need one of the new APIs. The whole point of the Preview is to give developers a chance to update their apps before L is released.

Anytime there is a new major release of Android, there are apps that have compatibility issues. With L having more changes than most major releases, it makes sense that more apps would have issues.

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Default What apps aren't working in Android L?

Some devs are taking a smug attitude towards L claiming they wont fix apps until official release, hulu being one of them. Which makes no sense

Global Posts
    7,050 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by scipizoa View Post
    Some devs are taking a smug attitude towards L claiming they wont fix apps until official release, hulu being one of them. Which makes no sense
    As in they won't start the work or they won't release an update? The second makes sense, the first makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebulic View Post

The SDK has been massively improved, it's likely that the issues are being caused by ART incompatibility.

Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    Google claims to have 5000 new APIs for L, so likely the APIs that some applications depend on now need one of the new APIs. The whole point of the Preview is to give developers a chance to update their apps before L is released.

Anytime there is a new major release of Android, there are apps that have compatibility issues. With L having more changes than most major releases, it makes sense that more apps would have issues.
    Yes there have been over 5000 new APIs released but they don't really interfere with existing ones, maybe a few exceptions here and there.

But Google released the developer preview so that developers could make use of the new animations and textures.

The crashes are most likely being caused by ART compatibility.

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by salmanahmad View Post
    The SDK has been massively improved, it's likely that the issues are being caused by ART incompatibility.

Yes there have been over 5000 new APIs released but they don't really interfere with existing ones, maybe a few exceptions here and there.

But Google released the developer preview so that developers could make use of the new animations and textures.

The crashes are most likely being caused by ART compatibility.
    I don't see why those crashes would be caused by ART compatibility, since those apps not working on L, at least those I know of, currently work on phones using ART with KitKat . The fact that every video app (other than YouTube) was not working also makes it appear that it was a change in L, and likely an API call, that causes the compatibility problems. I'll agree that there were likely minimal changes in the APIs but even minor changes, if called by the app, can cause the app to crash. In this case, I'd suggest that they made a change in a video playback API.
    Thanked by:

It's good that the developer version of Android 5(Lollipop) has been released. For those of us who have no other contact with the world of computing but one device, it's not good for you to try working with the beta version.

Remember, this is a beta version and OTA releases are not a good thing right now because being able identify what doesn't work is the first thing that needs to be identified. The second needs to be asking "Why?" Third needs to be, "Is this issue device specific or a system problem?"

There needs to be a "Lollipop Developers Forum" where the developers can get together and hash over the code and deal with the problems. Don't get over eager. Pretty soon now (perhaps less than a month or a little more), stable releases will be here.

For now, we know that Lollipop is real and is being released to encourage us to get involved. That's what this forum is about, the first step-Finding out what the problems are with the developer version.

Do most of these apps work fine if you switch to Davlik from ART in Lollipop?

sms / spam blockers are not working or not compatible with android kitkat. i just hope it will work with lollipop.
    with all the telemarketers calling you anytime of the day, messaging you in the middle of the night, you can have control over this with sms / spam blocker installed in your android phone.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123