What apps aren't working in Android L?

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
FYI for those who think developers are going to release L compatible apps shortly...

Google has caution developers not to release L developer preview apps on the play store. I would expect some of these apps not to work for a few months.

MLdroidN4

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
How's the phone app working for you guys? I'm experiencing quite a few issues while using a bluetooth headset. Also, the app hasn't compiled a Favorites List for me yet, been using it since it's release so I'm not sure if it's due to a bug or it needs more Outgoing call data.

Jerfer

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Aside from those already listed, one big app that I use every day that crashes on startup in L is Firefox.
They're working on a Firefox fix so it should work when the next Facebook Beta is released.

I for one can't wait because I don't really like Chrome.

beanboy89

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
They're working on a Firefox fix so it should work when the next Facebook Beta is released.

I for one can't wait because I don't really like Chrome.

Firefox or Facebook? If Firefox, they released a new version of Firefox Beta on Play yesterday, but it's still not working on L.

Jerfer

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Firefox or Facebook? If Firefox, they released a new version of Firefox Beta on Play yesterday, but it's still not working on L.

Firefox. I noticed that too but in the bug thread on the Mozilla site they mentioned beta 7 but then corrected to beta 8, so maybe the one after this one. It looked like they ran into another bug after the fix. :(

[Edit] Haha, nope it must be beta 7. The beta we just got was 6: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mobile/releases/latest-beta/android/en-US/

Last edited:

AustinIllini

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
How's the phone app working for you guys? I'm experiencing quite a few issues while using a bluetooth headset. Also, the app hasn't compiled a Favorites List for me yet, been using it since it's release so I'm not sure if it's due to a bug or it needs more Outgoing call data.

Okay so far. I'm a little annoyed that hangouts doesn't update contact information correctly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scipizoa

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Um I don't know if anyone has posted but the beta version of twitter is working on android L, and i haven't ran into any of the problems yall are experiencing with some apps, facebook runs fine, wondering if a nexus 5 user can confirm the functionality of foxfi on android L?

Update: hulu plus seems to not like android L and netflix doesn't like to cast w/o a crash

Last edited:

Batmensch

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
At least some of the Settings in Touchdown have the colors wrong so you can't see them; specifically, setting Peak Times doensn't work.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Um I don't know if anyone has posted but the beta version of twitter is working on android L, and i haven't ran into any of the problems yall are experiencing with some apps, facebook runs fine, wondering if a nexus 5 user can confirm the functionality of foxfi on android L?

Update: hulu plus seems to not like android L and netflix doesn't like to cast w/o a crash

From what I've seen, none of the video streaming apps are working with L, with the exception of YouTube.