Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How are you liking Android L on the Nexus 5?

Anyone else take the plunge and flash L? Just looking for experiences, I just flashed mine and haven't had much time with the OS

Android L
  2. Best Answer

i'm really liking it, very useable for an unfinished release. have it on my n5 and n7 and no major issues outside of MMS

Default Re: How are you liking Android L on the Nexus 5?

i'm really liking it, very useable for an unfinished release. have it on my n5 and n7 and no major issues outside of MMS
    Nexus 5 // Lumia 1020

Aside from the odd app just not working,thankfully none that I care for,it runs smooth and stable.

4 more months of work and it'll be very solid.

Till it gives me crap,its my daily

If u r patient enough in handling a dev is, go for it. If not pls don't.

I have faced frequent reboots, hangups like in windows , display freeze. Compatibility issues with apps.

I'm not saying wrong here about L, but just a heads up!

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by NagaNexus View Post
    If u r patient enough in handling a dev is, go for it. If not pls don't.

I have faced frequent reboots, hangups like in windows , display freeze. Compatibility issues with apps.

I'm not saying wrong here about L, but just a heads up!

Good luck
    If you install L, I'd recommend not having Google restore your phone. Instead, start clean and then add apps as you need them. I also recommend reading through the threat about apps that aren't working in L.

If you need your phone for work, I definitely would not flash Android L. If you are just wanting to play around, and can live with a few issues, then go for it. I'm finding that the L is mostly stable, by itself, but that several apps have issues in L that can cause hangups, reboots, etc.

I'm liking it. So long as you know what you're getting into, it is great. HBO Go, Google Docs, and Google Sheets don't work, but apps not working is to be expected. Overall, the OS is much improved.

Posted via Android Central App

It's so so. Performance wise, it runs great (better than any other developer preview that I've used) and the only problems that I've ran into so far is with the lock screen sometimes not registering touches, tablet keeps locking after I've already unlocked it, and the YouTube app changing (it changed for the better and then returned to the old one, don't know why that happened but it did as soon as I flashed L). As far as L itself and the future of Google products , it's a mixed bag. The new aesthetic overhaul seems a little too bright and colorful for my tastes (one of the pluses of stock over skins like TouchWiz was how stark and serious it was, but now stock seems very much like TouchWiz). Google Apps are more important now than ever to Android, but I don't really want to use them anymore since Google seems to be messing work them too much in bad ways (Drive, for example). The things that I'm looking for aren't being addressed and the things that originally brought me to the platform are slowly being removed. I know I have an unpopular opinion, but it's how I feel and only time will tell whether or not I'll stick with Android or switch over to Windows Phone/return to iOS that I was on before.
    Banned

How is it in terms of speed and smoothness? Is there a noticeable improvement in these areas? Or are there still occasional stutters?