What bugs have you found in android L?

Laosing

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Of course since this is just a preview build there's obviously going to be bugs everywhere. But I thought it would be neat if people could share the bugs they experienced on Android L. My list so far goes:

• sometimes when you view the recent app list an app will be transparent (the frame still shows though)
  • facebook messenger chat head conversations have transparent backgrounds
  • when you get a notification on the lock screen, tap it once so it becomes active (important step), then drag it down to reveal more. it becomes transparent.
  • maybe its not considered a bug, but theres no silent mode... theres a do not disturb mode, but every time you get a notification it's locked and you have to tap it to unlock / reveal it... which is such a pain

Last edited:

krifor03

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Tethering doesn't work. Bluetooth or wifi. AND after you've attempted to make a connection and it fails, even if you turn off the tethering option, and you have a data icon and white bars, your phone will have no connectivity until you restart the phone

BillLee3

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Whoops, Tethering not working is a deal killer for my Nexus 5. Guess I gotta revert it even if I can continue using on the Nexus 7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ScotttSee

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Video acceleration is either disabled or severely degraded. I'm guessing this is a known issue in the preview/alpha and will be corrected.

On my nexus 7 I could playback 1080p MKV files with subtitles in realtime using MX Player in 4.4.2/4.4.4 but they play back very poorly in "L". 480 and 720 videos play back but see to have a bit of stuttering and pre-play buffering I haven't seen in local playback before.

With MX Player, on KitKat, I used the "HW+" setting, but that crashes MX Player entirely now.

Same applies for ES Video Player, Photos player, etc.

zerrisk

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Once my device reset to factory settings and proceeded to download everything from my backup cloud on the Play Store.

Twice has it reset my wallpaper and kept doing so on and on until a reboot, which I still have to re-reset the wallpaper after reboot.

oniony

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Tethering doesn't work. Bluetooth or wifi. AND after you've attempted to make a connection and it fails, even if you turn off the tethering option, and you have a data icon and white bars, your phone will have no connectivity until you restart the phone

Good to know it's not just me. I spent an entire train journey this morning trying to get it to work. Thought it may be I'd screwed up the password or because the signal was patchy. I could do DNS queries just fine but no TCP traffic was getting through: everything was timing out. I also noticed that data was gone afterwards too but cycling aeroplane mode fixed it, there's no need to reboot.

npco543

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Overall, I found the bugs minor and easily avoided, but recently had to revert to 4.4.4. On an extended phone call, the phone got uncomfortably hot... and not "I'm a little uncomfortable with the phone getting this hot"... it was literally, it's so hot it's uncomfortable to both hold it to my head and hold it in my hand. It drained about 3/4 of the battery in approximately 15 minutes.

That's something that I've never had happen before, and didn't happen on L on short calls. Not sure what it was, but with a non-replaceable battery, I just don't want to risk damaging it. I'll look forward to a final release in the fall, it was fun to play with it and I liked what I saw.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I had a MAJOR issue with LightFlow causing my phone to go into a bootloop. I have no idea why, maybe it's a certain set of options I have in the app, but for whatever reason the phone would keep rebooting every 10-15 seconds. I was almost going to go back to KitKat until someone told me about booting into Safe Mode. I went into Safe Mode, then uninstalled a few apps (trial and error) and figured out it was LightFlow causing the issue. After uninstalling LightFlow, the phone works normally. I'm now using Light Manager as a temporary replacement until Lightflow is fixed for L.

npco543

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I had a MAJOR issue with LightFlow causing my phone to go into a bootloop.

Yup, I got the bootloop with LightFlow as well. I was able to uninstall it without going into safe mode and the bootloops immediately stopped. It's not really surprising given how much control over the notification light LightFlow grabs, and I'm sure they'll have it fixed by the time L is finally released.

elysm1

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I've run into the same boot loop because of lightflow. I've had it happen to me twice now, but only when I try to reboot my phone. Both times I put the phone on a charger (wireless the first time, and wired the second), and rebooted it on a while on the charger and it's fixed it both times. Not sure that it'll be a consistent fix for everyone, but it's something to try.

elysm1

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Besides the bootloop when rebooting, lightflow has been working very well for me. Now that I have a "fix" I have no plans of uninstalling it.

elysm1

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I just did a couple tests and every time I reboot it puts it into the loop, and every time all I have to do is plug it in and let it continue to loop. One full loop and it's good to go.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I just did a couple tests and every time I reboot it puts it into the loop, and every time all I have to do is plug it in and let it continue to loop. One full loop and it's good to go.

Lightflow would go into a bootloop for me without rebooting the phone. If it were as simple as not rebooting my phone for Lightflow to work properly I wouldn't worry about it, but it seems to be something else for me.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Another bug I've found is if I get a hangouts notification and go into the app, read and reply to it, the notification never goes away. I have to actually pull down the notification and swipe it away. Annoying.

Posted via Android Central App

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Another bug I've found is if I get a hangouts notification and go into the app, read and reply to it, the notification never goes away. I have to actually pull down the notification and swipe it away. Annoying.

Posted via Android Central App

Works fine for me

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

elysm1

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Here's a new one that I've been dealing with since I installed Android L on my Nexus 5. After I make or receive a call and the phone goes to sleep I can't wake it back up. I have to put the phone on the charger, and hold the power button until it forces a reboot. If I try to restart it when it's not on the charger than it will put the phone into a boot loop. Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a solution? I've been making it work for the past week or so telling myself that the good outweighs the bad, but it's about as bad as it gets.....

ferriman

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Why S instead of 7?

u7y5yqyz.jpg