Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery life in l

Hello,
    Anybody whos using L version in nexus 5 can tell me how is the battery life after upgrading to L? thanks in advance...
  2. Best Answer

Really impressed so far. I disconnected from my charger around 11am and I just now got a notification telling me that I was at 15%. That was with WiFi, sync, and GPS on fully.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Battery life in l

Quote Originally Posted by Gokul Raj1 View Post
    Hello,
    Anybody whos using L version in nexus 5 can tell me how is the battery life after upgrading to L? thanks in advance...
    I'm was having issues with "Miscellaneous" taking up a very large %. In standby life seemed on same order as KitKat, but in using it life seemed quite short. Had to revert because tethering doesn't work and I use that all the time with my Nexus 7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ROM
    AOKP (M5) Franco (M4)

I got excellent results using the battery saver mode.. I got 21 hours of use and 4.5 hours of on screen time with High Accuracy GPS on. I've never got close to that without it. I am good above average results without it.

I get about 3.5 hours(High Accuracy GPS on, also bugged and wont shut off for me) a On screen time now vs 2.5 hours on 4.4.4 with some **** on.

Now that being said, Android L is known to trip balls and battery can drain from various bugs with apps. but over all, things will be great when said issues are fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by BillLee3 View Post
    I'm was having issues with "Miscellaneous" taking up a very large %. In standby life seemed on same order as KitKat, but in using it life seemed quite short. Had to revert because tethering doesn't work and I use that all the time with my Nexus 7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Seeing similar issues on the Nexus 5. Miscellaneous and the like taking up large percentages of usage.

Really impressed so far. I disconnected from my charger around 11am and I just now got a notification telling me that I was at 15%. That was with WiFi, sync, and GPS on fully.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Nexus 5 - Unlocked bootloader - Rooted - L Preview Build
    Samsung Chromebook - Chrome OS - Ubuntu dual boot

Previous:
    Nexus 4 - Unlocked Bootloader- Rooted - Stock
    HTC Inspire 4G - Unlocked Bootloader - Rooted - GB ASOP