Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android L as your daily driver?

Has anyone started using Android L as their daily driver? What are the pros and cons? Is it time to make the switch or wait for the official release?

Global Posts
    20,986 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Android L as your daily driver?

I have it on my Nexus 5. Not my daily driver, but one I use enough that it could be considered a semi daily. Right now, I consider it pretty stable, actually more stable than many 'stable' ROMs out there. Some might disagree with me.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

I've been using it as my daily driver since the day it was available. I am very forgiving and flexible though, so things that don't work yet or bugs or crashes don't bother me.

I can't Chromecast from Netflix? Oh no.

I have had trouble using the Wifi hotspot lately, but I don't know if that's an "L" issue or not.

I don't think I could go back.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

I've been using it as my secondary with iphone 5s as my primary. I'm selling the 5s so now the nexus with Android L is my daily driver. Like above, I am also very forgiving and if something doesn't work I just live with it until it is fixed.

I am running the port on the Optimus G. It might reboot once in a while. You might have to cycle mobile data on and off once in a while. Some apps don't work correctly (tasker, allstream, watchespn). Just depends on what is a deal breaker for you.
    On this phone, the new design is great, but it's not as if every app can suddenly scroll smoothly. Same offenders: Tapatalk, Facebook etc.