Material Design and Skinned Android Devices.

andrew202

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying to get an answer for my question, but there's been really nothing. I'm planning to switch to Android with HTC One M8. I know it's a skinned device with Sense 6 that adds a different UI layer to Android. My question is will I be able to see Material Design in future updates even though there is a skin over it? I like the look of Material Design and will Sense 6 basically not show any material design with Android L update?

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
You will see it in the apps but not in the phone itself. Most skinned devices really change things around. The icons, the gallery, the camera, the menus--all of it changes.

That being said, you never know sometimes. Stranger things have happened.

If you want something closer to stock Look at the X+1 when it comes out in the next month or so. Could be had for the same price as a One (but we do not know for sure) and it is very lightly skinned.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
HTC had the material design aesthetic even before Google had their I/O. The pastel colours, the colourful/playful ui in certain areas etc.

I think OEM's may incorporate certain aspects of material design to their UI, but for the most part, it may just be in the Google apps only.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I would recommend using one of the more prominent launchers (Apex, Nova or z) and wait for a L theme . They usually offer a much better stock experience.

EdwinBos

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Material design offers designers new ways and guidelines for making their apps. However, the designers do have to modify their apps to reflect this.

So, the general phone menu will have the new material design as well as some apps (the ones that included this), but olders apps probably wont.

If your skin also has the Material design depends on the manufacturer of the skin...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz