Background apps

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
In android L will you still be able to close down all the apps running in the background at the same time? Hope so as I love that feature.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is there a reason why you'd want to do this? The way Android works, a bunch of those apps would simply restart, which takes additional CPU/battery.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
No matter what apps I open I always hold down the menu button then press the little bin icon with 3 little lines by it to clear my app list on my GS4. I just don't like my apps running in the background.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
So of I go on facebook, twitter & Internet etc I should leave them running in the background? I always got told to close them as I'll get viruses & drain the battery as they are still running.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You won't get viruses this way. On Android, viruses essentially have to be installed by you, so they often come in apps (mostly games) that people get from sources other than Google Play (or other reputable sources).

If an app is designed well, it shouldn't drain battery excessively while in the background. Some apps might, though, so that's when force closing an app may be helpful--but this is more of a troubleshooting step, because if you force close the app, it will most likely restart on its own and continue draining battery. With a number of apps, modifying the data refresh settings can help. For example, with Facebook, you can go into its app settings and change the refresh interval to Manual, which will prevent it from waking the phone up every hour or so to check for new posts.

For more battery saving tips, see here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...how-tos/298919-guide-battery-saving-tips.html

007india

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
me too looking for a app which closes the background applications if they are idle for more than 5mins. This is for my samsung tab4 Android 4.4. the task manager is pretty basic and closed services start in no time from 'cache list'. I tried battery saver and still I'm not satisfied. When my wifi and data connection is off, I expect internet related apps to shutoff until the wifi or data is ON.

I would like to see from Android L a superb RAM optimiser which in turn saves battery. Also I would like to see 'contacts app' has the facility to import and export contacts to & fro from SIM card. I don't need lot of apps to run in background when I don't use them.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
me too looking for a app which closes the background applications if they are idle for more than 5mins. This is for my samsung tab4 Android 4.4. the task manager is pretty basic and closed services start in no time from 'cache list'. I tried battery saver and still I'm not satisfied. When my wifi and data connection is off, I expect internet related apps to shutoff until the wifi or data is ON.

I would like to see from Android L a superb RAM optimiser which in turn saves battery. Also I would like to see 'contacts app' has the facility to import and export contacts to & fro from SIM card. I don't need lot of apps to run in background when I don't use them.

Even though the apps are open, they aren't really running. Android isn't like windows: It likes having RAM full.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ambassador-guides-tips-how-tos/380592-guide-ram-android.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney