"Flagship" phone for L?

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
So now that L is around the corner, does anyone want to guess or have any idea what will be a flagship phone for L? Or will L even have a "dedicated" phone to showoff with?

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 6 or the upcoming Galaxy S 6, LG G 4 will be the flagships for it but they aren't coming before q1 2015 :(

nexus 6 more than anything else. those other phones dont run pure android and they wont be out til next year so that defeats the purpose of a flagship phone for a new os.

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 6, Hopefully the new Andriod L and Nexus 6 blow the iPhone 6 out of the water.

Pretty sure the Nexus line has been trying and failing at that. Google really needs to put a 1)Great camera and 2)Great Battery in it. I love the thought of a pure Google device(It's like Apple in that it gets the updates on time) but the phones are always lackluster. Here's hoping though.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean?

The flagship phone 'for' Android L? That would be the Nexus, as it'd be the first device to launch with it and would have the pure, untouched Android L as Google envisions it.

The best flagship phone 'with' Android L? Probably one of the flagship phones of 2015, HTC One M9, Galaxy S6, LG G4, Sony Xperia Z4/5/6 etc.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure the Nexus line has been trying and failing at that. Google really needs to put a 1)Great camera and 2)Great Battery in it. I love the thought of a pure Google device(It's like Apple in that it gets the updates on time) but the phones are always lackluster. Here's hoping though.

So are most tools for professionals. A Nexus is NOT a consumer device and Google does NOT design them to impress the non-developer. Google never will want to sell a ton of Nexus devices because they are commonly sold at a lose.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Confused about the question, what do you mean by flagship phone?

The first phone with L on it will in theory be the Nexus 6 (or whatever they call it) and will likely see it first on the the Nexus 9 tablet.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean?

The flagship phone 'for' Android L? That would be the Nexus, as it'd be the first device to launch with it and would have the pure, untouched Android L as Google envisions it.

The best flagship phone 'with' Android L? Probably one of the flagship phones of 2015, HTC One M9, Galaxy S6, LG G4, Sony Xperia Z4/5/6 etc.

Confused about the question, what do you mean by flagship phone?

The first phone with L on it will in theory be the Nexus 6 (or whatever they call it) and will likely see it first on the the Nexus 9 tablet.

flagship as in, hey heres our new OS and heres a brand new phone thats supposed to compliment it. this is the way our phones are supposed to be. something to target consumers in showing what android really is opposed to htc/samsung/lg.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
flagship as in, hey heres our new OS and heres a brand new phone thats supposed to compliment it. this is the way our phones are supposed to be. something to target consumers in showing what android really is opposed to htc/samsung/lg.

Then excluding the Nexus I would point to the Moto line of devices.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus 6 and Nexus 9 are my guesses. Google wants to show off the 64 bit processors, higher resolutions screens, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool