Apps starting L features?

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Facebook on my Nexus 5 it showing lockscreen notifications for comments only, others with nexus 5 and facebook don't get the same attached notification. Do you guys have this for Facebook? I'm running 4.4.4 unrooted , basically stock Android with no changes.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 16093.jpg
    16093.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 65

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Nevermind after some google searches discovered Facebook is test running the feature with select users, guess I'm a lucky one. Works awesome, can't wait for all notifications to use this.

hunterilli

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Really? Only select users? I had no idea.. The feature just came one day, a while ago actually. It's annoying when you have a pattern unlock though.

Posted via Android Central App

hunterilli

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Facebook on my Nexus 5 it showing lockscreen notifications for comments only, others with nexus 5 and facebook don't get the same attached notification. Do you guys have this for Facebook? I'm running 4.4.4 unrooted , basically stock Android with no changes.

How is that an L feature?

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
How is that an L feature?

Im NEWER to Android, but from my understanding Android 4.4.4 (or anything prior) stock never offered onscreen notifications. One of the Android L features if im not mistaken is how notifications will be shown on the lockscreen (without installing additional apps to support), as mentioned in the link below:
Android L preview: Notifications and lockscreen | Android Central

And here is an example of how Facebook is testing this new feature with select users:
Facebook Tests Android L-Style Lock Screen Notifications | TechCrunch

"Facebook has confirmed to TechCrunch the update went out to a “small group of beta testers.”"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781