Will you be updating to Lollipop on "release" day?

Will you be updating to Lollipop on "release" day?

• Total voters

ellisroy

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
If this breaks my root then probably not. My understanding is that in order to fully appreciate "L" I would need to upgrade to phone with better hardware then what the GS4 has. Also I rather sit back and see what problems other users may have.

Verizon gs4 rooted and still learning

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
If this breaks my root then probably not. My understanding is that in order to fully appreciate "L" I would need to upgrade to phone with better hardware then what the GS4 has. Also I rather sit back and see what problems other users may have.

Verizon gs4 rooted and still learning

Isn't the Android One line receiving Android L?

eeyore6802

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I never updated to Kit Kat because of all the SD issues. Was this ever completely fixed on Kit Kat and will there still be the same kind of SD issues on Lollipop as well?

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I never updated to Kit Kat because of all the SD issues. Was this ever completely fixed on Kit Kat and will there still be the same kind of SD issues on Lollipop as well?
Well, maybe not COMPLETELY fixed, but in my case most of the apps I use have been fixed, or at least have a usable workaround. But, if you let a third party app store data on your external SD card, and then delete said app, any data saved to the external card will also be deleted......as for Lollipop, I doubt it will be any different, this was more or less a security enhancement so third party apps could not mess with another apps data.

eeyore6802

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Gotcha. I'll have to research some of the apps that gave me problems when i tried kit kat momentarily and see if they've made fixes. Can you save pics to the sd card? I know i had an issue with that where say if i saw a pic on twitter, or someone send me a pic in a text and I couldnt save it to the sd card

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Just give us Android L already, the new preview images are already so stable, except that your phone when crash when you use adb. Anyways, im still waiting and spamming the check for update button