Gmail has everything...

cshmech

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Ok now the new gmail has the options to include email account from different servers (yahoo,..). Now why do we need an 'e-mail' app? Can't they make it uninstallable? Or won't we find this app in android L?

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Does it bother you that much? Lmao. From the Nexus 6 videos I have seen, it's also going to get a material design make over.

cshmech

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Precisely... I hope they remove the e-mail app in android L...
Can't wait for the update... I wish they sort the battery drain issue quickly and completely... I don't want a buggy OS.. Right now I have too much expectations on it...

makarand14

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
The new gmail app doesn't support Exchange on Outlook at least. Tried my 'live . com' address and it set it to IMAP without being any option to go Exchange. It's not Push supported, kind sucks. I will definitely want the default email app to continue.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok now the new gmail has the options to include email account from different servers (yahoo,..). Now why do we need an 'e-mail' app? Can't they make it uninstallable? Or won't we find this app in android L?

i like my Gmail fully segregated to avoid confusion.

cshmech

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
i like my Gmail fully segregated to avoid confusion.
Its no confusion..Though the notifications (on my moto x) doesn't show clearly which account is a particular mail from.. But in the app it's very clear and easy to switch between accounts...

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
You switch to a particular account and select '+'.. The mail will be sent from the account you are in..

yes i know how to do it. my point is that it is easy to send from the wrong account. especially since the colors are the same. you have to really look close to not **** up.

cshmech

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
yes i know how to do it. my point is that it is easy to send from the wrong account. especially since the colors are the same.
Yes I too felt having the option to customize colors would be good.. Hope they bring it in further updates

leverettson

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm kinda glad it's there, I would never have thought to put the information from my exchange server at work into the gmail app. You do however make a good point, now that I got the memo it should be uninstallable.

Posted via the Android Central App

leverettson

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
In previous versions of Android we had one app for gmail and a totally different app for other types of email like the exchange server that many businesses use. Now it's all in one app.

Posted via the Android Central App

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes I too felt having the option to customize colors would be good.. Hope they bring it in further updates

the colors wouldn't even need to be customized. just make them different for each email address automatically. just as they do with each different Contact Icons listed on each Gmail.

cshmech

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Yea... Either make the colors customizable or the icon or both... That would be cool.. That was the first thing I felt after the update.

LoopDoGG79

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
What I really like about the new Gmail is the ability to open an email from a different account (outlook, yahoo, etc) and actually go directly to the message like Gmail. Yahoo and Outlook would go to the list or to the previous email you were viewing.

undulose

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
They copied that feature from Windows Phone's native Email app. Things are really getting interesting for both mobile platforms.

Sent from my W230ST using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo