interruptions doesn't seem to work

slattery69

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Side loaded the OTA to my nexus 5, was using silent time (app) to mute the phone whilst sleeping , but still allowing calls from set contacts.
assuming interruptions would work the same way,but it still lets sms through from none starred contacts (this was the option i chose so only my starred contacts could call me whilst asleep)
Anyone else seeing this ?

also my nexus 7 2013 still has a black background in the app draw after the update , nexus 5 has a white one. should the nexus 7 have a white one as well?

slattery69

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
yes the star was there and was in priority mode , looking round seems some apps are not working with it. Someone on another forums mentioned whatsapp was still sounding notifications despite been in priority mode

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Well, I can understand that as WhatsApp is not recognized by Google as a "messaging" app (as in, Settings -> Wireless and networks -> More... -> Default messaging app).

Posted via the Android Central App

slattery69

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Seems to make a bit of a mockery of priority mode though if only certain things are compatibly with it. If you want to only get certain notifications and things like whats app and in my case textra (which just takes over the sms side) get through.
maybe I'm just assuming interruptions will mute what i want when i want when in fact its different to that

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers