Android L DNS Change

Umut Ozbakan

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys. I flashed Android Lollipop manually today for my Nexus 7 (2nd gen)

It works almost perfect but I have one annoying problem.

When I am trying to change dns by modifiying wifi network I am getting "An error occured while updating network settings" error.

I also tried a few dns changer apps but had no luck.

Any help will be appreciated.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I would be happy to test this but I can't find an option for changing DNS anywhere in Wi-Fi (or any other) settings. Where is it hidden?

I am using a Nexus 5 but I doubt that would matter.

Umut Ozbakan

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
in wifi settings when you keep pressing on your active connection menu appears. Choose "modify network" and after that change dhcp to static ip. After that point I can't make any changes and can't click on "save" either

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
in wifi settings when you keep pressing on your active connection menu appears. Choose "modify network" and after that change dhcp to static ip. After that point I can't make any changes and can't click on "save" either

Okay, it looks like you have to either enter a valid proxy or choose "None" - after you do that the Save button becomes active.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I just tried again and I see that I also had to go through the motions of changing the default IP address as well. It doesn't seem to matter if you change it to a new address or simply re-enter the existing address.

Umut Ozbakan

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately I can't edit nothing after I change dhcp to static.

The only thing I can think about while I was flashing the image I got boot.sig and recovery.sig errors but the guide video was telling to ignore those errors.

I guess I will try to root the device to get around the problem. Not sure if it is working or not but root is not a bad thing to have anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae