Using Pandora with Lollipop

gobulls15

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
It seems that Pandora lock screen controls are gone when using Pandora on Lollipop. All that shows for me is just the song that is currently playing. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
It seems that Pandora lock screen controls are gone when using Pandora on Lollipop. All that shows for me is just the song that is currently playing. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

I think I see the same thing. I don't get the full-screen control like I did on KitKat.

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Lock screen widgets are gone, so Pandora needs to update the app to enable notification shade controls. All other music players with notification shade controls will work on the lock screen since the lock screen IS the notification shade.

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Lock screen widgets are gone, so Pandora needs to update the app to enable notification shade controls. All other music players with notification shade controls will work on the lock screen since the lock screen IS the notification shade.
The Google Play Music app works (as expected), but the notification shade is pretty small - just as small as the other shades that show your incoming messages and e-mail, and it only has two buttons, play/pause and skip forward. I wonder if that's the only size an app can utilize as its notification shade? Once you unlock the phone, the shade will expand and show the sleeve artwork as well as the rewind button. I want that to be the case when the phone is locked as well. (I know, this isn't directly related to the OP...)

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
The Google Play Music app works (as expected), but the notification shade is pretty small - just as small as the other shades that show your incoming messages and e-mail, and it only has two buttons, play/pause and skip forward. I wonder if that's the only size an app can utilize as its notification shade? Once you unlock the phone, the shade will expand and show the sleeve artwork as well as the rewind button. I want that to be the case when the phone is locked as well. (I know, this isn't directly related to the OP...)

You can expand the shade while locked. Drag the Music controls down and it will expand to show the back button as well.

anthony61388

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Mine is doing the same thing on Lollipop on my Moto X and I'm pissed. I've been forced to use Iheartradio instead because they have lock screen controls for lollipop. Hopefully they will realize this and fix the issue.

claripossum

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I know this is OLD but I got the update to Lollipop the other day. It seems to be a Samsung issue more than anything but even on KitKat I didn't have lock screen controls for Pandora. I've just dealt with it. But now with Lollipop, the volume control is gone from the notification tray (I have a Galaxy Tab 4, forgot to mention) and the mute function doesn't mute Pandora. Help?

Edit: It's the media volume itself, not just Pandora. The "mute" function in the notification tray only mutes notifications, and nothing else.

Last edited:

dejalisco70

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
My Pandora off my Samsung Galaxy S6 to my Honda Accord Sport 2015 Pandora is no longer working as of a few days ago. The thumb up, thumb down and the skip function no longer works and is no longer lit like before. I activate Pandora on my phone and then it transfers to my Pandora on my car and then phone stops playing and Pandora oh car features stop. Is this happening to anyone else? this just started recently and was working just fine a few days ago. I've had car for one year and this just started. Any explanations or answers?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante