How can I rollback to KitKat ? ( 2 many fails in Lollipop)

DigBreamer

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I agree - bring back KitKat until all the issues are ironed out.

Lollipop is not at all compatible with my Nexus 7 2010 Model ME370T. Apps constantly crashing, Facebook etc. Exceedingly long "blank screen" delays before apps load up or gmail etc.

I had no issues at all with KitKat 4.4.4 and have tried to re-install it but I must have missed an important step because after the reboot, I ended up with Lollipop 5 again. Darnit!

I'm about to try the re-install again. It's a tense time because I'd cry a lot if I bricked it!

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi every one.Warm Greetings to one and all,
I'm sorry to say but it's not that easy job, to downgrade from Lollipop to Kitkat So....
The best part is that better stay in Lollipop and wait for further Update from Google. Eventually you can change the custom settings for your desired problem. They are specified if you cant find them, Definitely some one will help you in solving them.
Some of the major 'Cant find' difficulty in Lollipop are:
1.Photos instead of gallery
2.Extra-long-log in-time (extra swipe to log in)
3.extra-google-apps
The only Positive is:
1.Having a Torch with out any app.

frankenhooker

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
It's actually pretty easy to rollback once you get over the initial fear of damaging your device. There are plenty of well written guides available.

mededitor

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Like others, I was getting myself more and more confused while reading about ways to "downgrade" my Nexus 7 (2012) back to KitKat (or JellyBean). I found a video on YouTube that finally made sense to me. I ran the video on my HTC One while I had my Nexus 7 attached to my Mac for "downgrading." I paused the video whenever I needed to type a command and it worked for me the first time! My Nexus 7 is now running better than ever. Yes, it means wiping your device, but it was well worth it in my opinion.

This video is aimed toward Mac-users, but is very easily translated for PC users---just don't do the "./" step toward the end of the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzzDxrccZO8

I hope it helps someone. I couldn't stand Lollipop on my Nexus 7, the lags were terrible. Plus, I don't like some of the features such as the combined mailbox, the lack of silent mode, no "Gallery," etc. I know that a clean install of Lollipop might have solved the lagging, but I much prefer JellyBean or KitKat as an OS.

JMO.

Heidi Enderslev

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I agree - bring back KitKat until all the issues are ironed out.

Lollipop is not at all compatible with my Nexus 7 2010 Model ME370T. Apps constantly crashing, Facebook etc. Exceedingly long "blank screen" delays before apps load up or gmail etc.

I had no issues at all with KitKat 4.4.4 and have tried to re-install it but I must have missed an important step because after the reboot, I ended up with Lollipop 5 again. Darnit!

I'm about to try the re-install again. It's a tense time because I'd cry a lot if I bricked it!

Same issues I got on my nexus 7. Frustrating and takes away all joy I had for my tablet :-(

clporritt

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
My Nexus 7 is completely 100% unusable, it crashes constantly and there's not a single [language removed by Moderator] thing that works on it. I'm so [language removed by Moderator] tired of it that I just want to throw my Nexus 7 up against the [language removed by Moderator] wall. Lollipop is the absolute worst [language removed by Moderator] update to ever make its way to people's devices that I've heard of. I want the mother [language removed by Moderator] fix NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Barticusfarticus

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I was forced to upgrade my Nexus 7 FHD last week, and nothing has been running smooth since and battery consumption is actually worse. Really don't like it's new " simplified " appearance either, hate the white keyboard. Can't seem to work the volume button when I want because this priority crap I didn't ask for keeps interfering.

Don't know what the point of rolling back to KitKat is, since once you do, Google will automatically download 5.0 and then it will stay in notifications reminding to install until you accidentally hit it.

Might try a factory reset, but backing up/reinstalling everything is a major pain I didn't ask for. Google should give the option of allowing users not to upgrade until if/when they want to. And they go on parading that Google device users are the first to get screwed, um, I mean reap the benefits of an update.

skisquash

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I waited weeks before I finally installed Lollipop. My device was stable for a couple days then noticed instability. Apps wouldn't stay open as if they were fighting for RAM. Battery life became poor. Started deleting apps and removed a couple that didn't have updates or didn't really use. Many everyday basic actions just hanging up the platform. Lollipop doesn't appear to play well with a mix of apps and affects the overall stability of the OS.

MFcpal

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Since "upgrading" to Lollypop apps on my Nexus 7, stop working for no apparent reason, some functions run slowly, and I have to restart my tablet at least half a dozen times a day. Bring back Kitkat.

Peg Neal

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
Larrytxeast, Right on! I'm also pretty good with my PC and do complete back ups with Acronis, but for the life of me I can't find an article that explains how to revert to KitKat because they look like they're written in another language.
Google should, at the very least, provide an easy way to revert to an older operating system if they're going to push new ones with so many bugs. It's maddening.

Argyll68

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
It states in those instructions:

"You will find these files useful if you have used the Android Open-Source Project, flashed custom builds on your device, and wish to return that device to its factory state."

Presumably this means it's rooted? I haven't done anything to my tablet, it's still the bog standard installation. Do I use this too?

Elizabeth Percy

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
I have an old Nexus 7 the original 8gb and although I like the look of Lollipop it is slowing my tablet down like a constipated snail. Google give us a way to roll back to KitKat

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante