How do I turn off the cell signal meter icon on my Nexus 7 (2012 wifi only model)?

Gil Gardner

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
cell icon nexus 7 2012 wifi only model

updated my Nexus 7 2012 wifi only from 4.4.4 to 5.0 today via OTA update.... but now i have a cell signal meter... any way to turn it off or remove it? i clicked on airplane mode like a cellphone and now it has the circle with a line through it. did they push the wrong image to our devices??

courtneyftw

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: cell icon nexus 7 2012 wifi only model

updated my Nexus 7 2012 wifi only from 4.4.4 to 5.0 today via OTA update.... but now i have a cell signal meter... any way to turn it off or remove it? i clicked on airplane mode like a cellphone and now it has the circle with a line through it. did they push the wrong image to our devices??

I haven't done it yet, but now I'm suddenly afraid to.

fed123

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site

I haven't had this issue. But I did a factory reset after the OTA.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

1210saad

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Did you actually install the WiFi image?

Gil Gardner

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Yes.. It was the OTA update. I have not rooted or manually flashed ever. I called google, the say they are looking into the matter. They said that the images on their page also have the same build number so they may have pushed the wrong image to the 2012 WiFi model. Did a factory reset and icon is gone but still have the mobile data configuration, mobile data, and phone showing up under all programs under apps\all as well as an airplane mode on the pull down menu. Hoping that the 5.0.1 update hits soon for this model or they can replace the unit. I also cleared the cache partition and it helped with the constant rebooting but the unit still reboots when under heavy load. Hopefully it is just a memory leak that the new patch will fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463