Why don't my contact pictures show during incoming calls (Android 5 + Nexus 5)?

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
No contact picture during incoming call (Android 5 + Nexus 5)

This morning I installed the official Android 5 on my Nexus 5 and I don't get a contact picture during incoming call anymore.
Please, tell how to fix this. Is this a bug or a feature?

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: No contact picture during incoming call (Android 5 + Nexus 5)

This morning I installed the official Android 5 on my Nexus 5 and I don't get a contact picture during incoming call anymore.
Please, tell how to fix this. Is this a bug or a feature?

It works fine for me.

Do you see the issue when the phone is locked or unlocked? The incoming call screen shows up differently in each case.

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site

It works fine for me.

Do you see the issue when the phone is locked or unlocked? The incoming call screen shows up differently in each case.

I have the issue when the phone is locked.
When it's unlocked everything is OK - I get a small banner with the contact info and picture on top of the screen.

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site

I have the issue when the phone is locked.
When it's unlocked everything is OK - I get a small banner with the contact info and picture on top of the screen.

I see. I wonder if it is related to the resolution of the picture used with the contact. Maybe they chose to not show a very low-resolution picture on the lower half of the entire home screen? That'd be my wild guess.

octavian555

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. And I don't like it at all. This isn't happend all the time, with all my pictures. When I call someone, the pictures are shown. Please, tell me why.

octavian555

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site

I have the same problem. And I don't like it at all. This isn't happend all the time, with all my pictures. When I call someone, the pictures are shown. Please, tell me why.

jedi44

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

I had a similar problem when my S4 updated to Lollipop yesterday. Some photos were showing up and some were not. I looked at the image information and they all had identical properties. I went through editing all my contacts, replacing the photos with the same ones as I used originally, and they all now appear. Phones are even more mysterious than computers (and I say that as someone who worked in IT for 43 years).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech