How to change visible contacts in Lollipop dialer ?

koswo

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I'm running Lollipop on my Nexus 4. I noticed that in the dialer all my contacts are visible, is there a way to change that? I only need those from my Google account to be visible and NOT those from LinkedIn etc. In the Contacts app there's an option for that, but it seems that the settings I make there are not reflected in the dialer.

Help!

Thanks!

Firefyter

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Open your contacts, tap the three dots in the top right corner, and tap "contacts to display". Choose just the contacts you want displayed instead of "All contacts".

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Open your contacts, tap the three dots in the top right corner, and tap "contacts to display". Choose just the contacts you want displayed instead of "All contacts".

In my Contacts app, tapping the three dots on the top right corner will only give me the following entries.

Import/Export
Clear frequents
Accounts
Settings

And none of those let me choose just the contacts I want displayed. I looked at the Dialler app too, but couldn't find the "Contacts to Display" menu there, either.

Knudroid

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
When in contacts, be sure you're in "all contacts", not " favorites ". Then follow his instructions

Posted via Android Central App

Fernandes Moura

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
In Android 5.0 Lollipop the Dialer app don't have a option to hide the contacts that didn't have phone number.
After updating to Android 5.0, my contact list in Dialer app is full of contacts that I just email, but never phone them.
There is no reason to show contacts without phone number in the Dialer app! in Contacts its working fine, but not in Dialer, anyone know how to fix?

Utini

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Well I am able to find the menu "which contacts to display" in the contacts app and it will also hide/display what ever I set but only in the contacts app. The dialer app will completely ignore those settings and always show all contacts.

How can I hide ANY contacts in the dialer app?

Thanks

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
In Android 5.0 Lollipop the Dialer app don't have a option to hide the contacts that didn't have phone number.
After updating to Android 5.0, my contact list in Dialer app is full of contacts that I just email, but never phone them.
There is no reason to show contacts without phone number in the Dialer app! in Contacts its working fine, but not in Dialer, anyone know how to fix?

I wrote code on the google platform to organize contacts nightly so that only ones with phone numbers end up in "My Contacts" which you can filter down to in the dialer. Full details in my post on another thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/an...lay-only-contacts-phone-numbers-lollipop.html

jarapper

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
When in the contacts screen, hit the three dots in the top right to bring up the menu. Choose "Settings". Then choose "Contacts". At that menu you, you will see an option for "Contacts to display" where you can select the appropriate account /group you need, as well as an option to only show contacts with phone numbers". Hope this helps!

D

Deleted member 1597404

Can't find the option "only show contatcs with phone numbers"

VTTQU

May 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
but it seems that the settings I make there {in Contacts} are not reflected in the dialer.

I'm rather new to Android, and am confused by this as well.
I would like the 'Contacts to Display' groups to carry over to the Contacts shown in the phone dialer (Moto E 2ngGen)

Frank Brown2

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
It may sound silly but why does the dialer app not use or let you use the same settings that you have in the contact app? If I go out of my way to select the contacts that I want to see in the contact app, does it not seem intuitive that the same list should also appear in the dialer app? Maybe I am missing something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781