Why do I need to enter a PIN to answer calls or dismiss alarms?

irwinr

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Need to enter PIN to answer calls or dismiss alarms

Hey everyone,

My girlfriend and I both have Nexus 5's that were running Kitkat. We just upgraded to Lollipop and there are two issues driving us nuts: To either answer a call or dismiss/snooze an alarm, you have to enter your PIN to unlock the phone first.

On Kitkat you did not have to do this. Does anyone know if you can revert back to the old behavior?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Need to enter PIN to answer calls or dismiss alarms

Welcome to Android Central! That should not be happening. Are either of your phones rooted or encrypted? Do either of them have any 3rd party security or lockscreen apps installed?

If the answer is no to all of the above, then try wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data. Be aware that the process takes 5-10 minutes on a Nexus 5. http://forums.androidcentral.com/nexus-5-rooting-roms-hacks/352008-guide-nexus-5-recovery.html

This probably doesn't have anything to do with it, but go to Settings>Sound>Interruptions, and make sure it's set to Always Interrupt.

Knudroid

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Need to enter PIN to answer calls or dismiss alarms

Some good advice from B.Diddy there. I have not had this problem, but I also have the face unlock feature enabled, which totally rocks now. I seriously recommend using it. When properly configured, you'll never need your pin again.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674