slide to unlock grayed out

Kingfroman

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to set my security to none or slide to unlock but for some reason its grayed out and I can't choose those options. Am I missing something on why these options are not available?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which device? Are you encrypted? If you're encrypted, you can only unlock via PIN or password.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which device? Are you encrypted? If you're encrypted, you can only unlock via PIN or password.

I'm not sure that is correct; my Nexus 6 is encrypted by default and I am able to use both None and Swipe - I just tested it.

OP, do you have a corporate Exchange server email account set up? Exchange Server, by default, requires security be enabled on mobile devices.

Posted via the Android Central App

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Also, in another thread, someone suggested that Settings -> Security -> Clear credentials resolved this same problem on his phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure that is correct; my Nexus 6 is encrypted by default and I am able to use both None and Swipe - I just tested it.

OP, do you have a corporate Exchange server email account set up? Exchange Server, by default, requires security be enabled on mobile devices.

Interesting. Maybe something has changed--I thought that's how it used to work, anyway.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Another thread said that if you had a "guest" account active you couldn't set lockscreen to "none" or "swipe". I suppose the theory is you wouldn't want the guest to have access to your email, etc.

Kingfroman

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the replies . I tried clear credentials and worked. Thought of doing that earlier but wasn't sure it was going to have a negative impact on some app .

Benrx

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to the original poster and the people who replied. I had the exact same problem and was very frustrated. What a crock. Anyway, I did a Google search and found this thread. I'm all fixed now. Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888