significance?

Shargeel Kiani

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
What is the significance of invert colours? (Nexus 5 notification bar, lollipop)

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 3289.jpg
    3289.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 42

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Exactly what it says - the screen shows every color as its opposite. It's helpful if you're color-blind or have some other vision problems.

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
That's interesting. I have Nexus 5 with lollipop but that option doesn't appear.
Execute the option once from Settings --> Accessibility. After that, it should show up in the quick settings menu. However, it doesn't seem possible to remove entries from the quick settings so if you don't want it to stay there, I'd suggest that you just take my word for it. :)

doubleblack

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Same as what above poster said. You can perform some adb functions to get it to disappear, but unfortunately once you select it (accidentially in my case) you are screwed. There is an android bug submitted for this, will be curious to see what they do with it...

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Same as what above poster said. You can perform some adb functions to get it to disappear, but unfortunately once you select it (accidentially in my case) you are screwed. There is an android bug submitted for this, will be curious to see what they do with it...

I hope they add an option screen to let the user add/remove/arrange the quick setting entries, like this one. This is one of the custom features available in Cataclysm - a Lollipop-based custom ROM. I flashed this one after I played with the stock Lollipop for about a week.

2014-11-24 02.21.54.jpg

ysbg

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
However, it doesn't seem possible to remove entries from the quick settings

I read somewhere that it goes away after a couple of months if you don't use the toggle. Some users manually changed the date and got it to go away.

Posted via the Android Central App

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I read somewhere that it goes away after a couple of months if you don't use the toggle. Some users manually changed the date and got it to go away.
That's entirely possible as the system seems to learn the user's habit, but it's not really a viable solution. As I showed above, Google should add a way to let the user change the quick setting entry - it's that simple.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I guess I got a nice version of 5.0. My notification panel shows the option. And it turns on and off every time with a simple tap. To the OP, calling it useless is beyond ignorant and a ridiculous statement; it's useful for both the elderly and the blind. If you lose your vision someday, you'll be petitioning companies to cater to this type of disability assistance.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995